jennie finch vs baseball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

de Groot

Pitcher
May 11, 2010
They should really get a softball batter to hit against a hardball hitter.
The speed and pitches they can throw with those balls are insane, so that just might change that myth.
I am all for softball being harder to hit as I am a softball hitter but they could of done a better job in that video, It was almost like they tried to make softball seem harder because most people would think hardball was.

Dec 15, 2009
i agree with a softball batter against a hardball hitter. But part of me thinks the myth wouldn't change because in fp softball we learn to watch at the release point, whether its at the hip or wherever. But baseball is so used to watching the same release point. Their eyes follow the ball in the circular motion which messes them up. but i think they made a great point that sofball is harder because there's less distance to throw.

R

robsam

Yup! You are right. The release shows the truth about softball. The myth is changed and the point that "de Groot" mentioned that they tried to make it seem hard, I do not agree with that. Its actually not that much easy as many people think.

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
The only riseballs in MLB

Everyone must take into consideration one simple fact; The only riseballs a MLB hitter will see will be thrown by a 'Submarine' style pitcher. A good softball pitcher will tear up a baseball hitter with riseballs.

The 'Softball Submarine' wind up

de Groot

Pitcher
May 11, 2010
What I meant by harder was basically that they didn't have a hardball pitcher pitch against a softball hitter.
I think it really depends on what kind of batter you are,
Softball is a lot closer and has a rise ball
Hardball is further but has a smaller ball and you can throw much more pitches with it.

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
What I meant by harder was basically that they didn't have a hardball pitcher pitch against a softball hitter.
I think it really depends on what kind of batter you are,
Softball is a lot closer and has a rise ball
Hardball is further but has a smaller ball and you can throw much more pitches with it.

"Hardball is further but has a smaller ball and you can throw much more pitches with it. "

PARDON ME? Many coaches / instructors restrict their pitchers to 3 or maybe 4 movement pitches. Many coaches think that young female pitchers cannot grasp and understand that many things, they think they are stupid. I was never one of those coaches and I proved it MANY times with my students. The only limits my students had were ones placed on them by coaches or themselves.

Many coaches and instructors think a young female pitcher cannot deal mentally with using two or even three different wind ups, that they get confused and cant handle it. I was never one of those coaches either.

SNEAKYSOFTBALLPITCHING.COM

Last edited:

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
Men pitch from 46 ft and women from 43 feet. However, rear I am told, the fastest men can pitch in the low 80's and fastest women in the low 70's. Less time to react with the 10+ more mph even when adding the extra 3 feet.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hgielaz01