It's a public board

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
I would love to be able to get into the hitting discussion and learn from everyone here but as soon as I see "the usuals" posting I close thread because we all know what it turns into. Maybe if we divide the hitting thread into different camps they wouldn't feel the need to cross over and trash as much. Usually there is no real discussion, it's about 3 pages of 10 words or less smart butt responses. It is not enjoyable to read the hitting thread and with the pissing match always at high output it is tough to discern the value in the conversation. Stay crankermo. I agree you other guys should take a break and relax. When comes to hitting, who actually wants to pull out the anatomy book and see what you guys are saying anyway.

I hear you and understand exactly what you are talking about. Personally, I enjoy reading almost all of the information that is provided, for various reasons. I do not want to see people like Crankermo leave because I really do enjoy their discussions of real life applications of hitting theory with their daughters/students. Likewise I enjoy people like Cannonball, Straightleg, Rdbass, and EricF for so openly sharing their journeys as well. On the other hand, I will readily admit that I am a geek in regards to some of this stuff and therefore equally enjoy the postings of FFS, Buttermaker, TDS, Tbao, and others dissecting things to a deeper level.

IMO, much of this can be solved if the intent of the various hitting forums is followed. Apparently these rules were created a long time ago, but it doesn't seem as though they are used.

http://www.discussfastpitch.com/sof...16-purpose-rules-practical-hitting-forum.html

This link explains the rules of the practical hitting forum.

http://www.discussfastpitch.com/sof...14-purpose-rules-technical-hitting-forum.html

This link explains the rules of the technical hitting forum.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I think some posters get tired of every time they post, they are followed by a comment, from a poster that has a sly remark.
Mark H...Hanson principle, hitter, ssarge, j booth, leary, ifubuildit, rayr, subfamily, wellphat, ect
You will find one poster that questioned every one of them and hounded then to death, and they left.
I will let you figure that out.
Its the same poster that posts after me, just about every time I post.
He used to repost my daughter time after time until Ken told im he would be banned if he did it again.
Even saved it and posted it on other websites.
Many posters wont post there daughters for the relentless hounding from a few. And the behavior of a few

Crankermo, enjoyed your daughters swings

Straightleg

It's not important, really, but I just thought you should know...RayR is still here. Regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad