It’s good to know what you want, I guess.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 1, 2023
Looks the approach isn’t working yet…

They have a roster of 16 players on GameChanger.

Sep 13, 2021
In our area, when stud players change teams it never happens as a result of an ad like this. In a lot of cases, the reason a team/coach will post this kind of ad is to: (a) provide them cover with the existing players/families when they've either recruited or agreed to take on a stud that will take playing time from existing players. "Geez, we had no idea Rachel Garcia 2.0 was going to respond to the ad and show up to the tryout." (b) to send a message to current players/families. I mean, come on, this ad is telling everyone on the team very specifically what ithe team does not have at certain key positions and needs to acquire. (c) as a pure flyer. In most cases when a stud player changes teams, it's as a result of a long period of discussion and doesn't happen overnight. So an ad like this may be targeted at a very specific player or players to send them a clear message that there is a spot on the team waiting for them if they want to join, but not necessarily to trigger an immediate move.

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2018
In our area, when stud players change teams it never happens as a result of an ad like this. In a lot of cases, the reason a team/coach will post this kind of ad is to: (a) provide them cover with the existing players/families when they've either recruited or agreed to take on a stud that will take playing time from existing players. "Geez, we had no idea Rachel Garcia 2.0 was going to respond to the ad and show up to the tryout." (b) to send a message to current players/families. I mean, come on, this ad is telling everyone on the team very specifically what ithe team does not have at certain key positions and needs to acquire. (c) as a pure flyer. In most cases when a stud player changes teams, it's as a result of a long period of discussion and doesn't happen overnight. So an ad like this may be targeted at a very specific player or players to send them a clear message that there is a spot on the team waiting for them if they want to join, but not necessarily to trigger an immediate move.

Very good points.

And I gotta say I've cringed on behalf of friends when their team says "Looking for a catcher" and that friend is a catcher on that team.

Ouch.

Aug 3, 2016
Ad didn't say anything about needing a Bracket Pitcher. Not sure how they are going to compete without one.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Pride goeth before destruction, And a haughty spirit before a fall.
This guy has already forgot more about softball than you will ever know.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414