Introduction from 8U to 10U?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 22, 2010
My husband has "unwisely" decided to coach a fall ball team consisting of all 8 year old girls who will be moving up in the spring with the exception of 2 9 year olds. After first practice yesterday he realized how many things there were to teach them and seems a little overwhelmed by it. Does anyone have any suggestions of kind of what to start with? Stealing? Bunting? Hitting off a pitcher? :( Help!

May 25, 2010
My husband has "unwisely" decided to coach a fall ball team consisting of all 8 year old girls who will be moving up in the spring with the exception of 2 9 year olds. After first practice yesterday he realized how many things there were to teach them and seems a little overwhelmed by it. Does anyone have any suggestions of kind of what to start with? Stealing? Bunting? Hitting off a pitcher? :( Help!

:eek:

Sounds like someone is in for a long season.

Well, if the girls can throw and catch, then they're ready to start learning how to hit. Hopefully Amy will see this thread and provide some tips.

Just curious, will the girls be entered in a draft in the spring, or will the whole group stay together?

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2010
Well thankfully the season is only about 6 weeks long. They play 2 one hour games back to back every Sunday afternoon. My oldest daughter played in this league the year she went from 8U to 10U and it was really just a way for them to learn the basics so that come spring season they would be able to start fine tuning and be able to be competitive. And it really did help them. I could tell the next year which ones played in the fall and which ones did not. It took about halfway through the spring season for those who didn't play in the fall to catch up. And no these girls will not stay together. They will all go back through the draft in the spring.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ourLadGloves