Hello from Sweet Home Alabama

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 26, 2023
Hi everyone. I'm Charlie from Hueytown, Alabama. I've been a football guy my entire life (56) but the last two years I've fallen in love with softball. Honest disclaimer: I figured it was just girls playing baseball and baseball (in the past) has bored me to tears. However, one Saturday afternoon two years ago I was desperate for some kind of sporting event to watch on TV. I decided to watch some SEC softball. That was it! I'm hooked. I realized what incredible athletes these girls are, plus it's not boring at all. So now I'm trying to learn everything I can because the more I learn the more I want to learn and the more I enjoy the game.

I have a friend at work who's husband is head coach of a high school team that won a state championship last year. He has a brilliant softball mind and I enjoy learning from him as well.

So I'm just a passionate fan wanting to learn everything I can about this great game. And in the process I'm likely to become a baseball fan too! Who'd a thunk it? ROLL TIDE!!!!

May 29, 2015
Hi everyone. I'm Charlie from Hueytown, Alabama. I've been a football guy my entire life (56) but the last two years I've fallen in love with softball. Honest disclaimer: I figured it was just girls playing baseball and baseball (in the past) has bored me to tears. However, one Saturday afternoon two years ago I was desperate for some kind of sporting event to watch on TV. I decided to watch some SEC softball. That was it! I'm hooked. I realized what incredible athletes these girls are, plus it's not boring at all. So now I'm trying to learn everything I can because the more I learn the more I want to learn and the more I enjoy the game.

I have a friend at work who's husband is head coach of a high school team that won a state championship last year. He has a brilliant softball mind and I enjoy learning from him as well.

So I'm just a passionate fan wanting to learn everything I can about this great game. And in the process I'm likely to become a baseball fan too! Who'd a thunk it? ROLL TIDE!!!!

Welcome, Charlie. I guess. You are right about SEC softball, but you are wrong about one thing ...

HOTTY TODDY! Flim Flam, Bim Bam!

Landsharks, baby!

051919_NCAA_ULL_SB_0716-840x1024.jpg

May 29, 2015
Although ... attending the NCAA Baseball Regional in Oxford a few years ago was an amazing experience with some of the best baseball I have seen. Southern Miss put on a H-I-T-T-I-N-G clinic ...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414