Interesting take on the CF9 vs the LXT Hyper

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 22, 2015
Illinois
DD has an -10 LXT and a -10 CF8 slapper. She really likes them both. No complaints from her about bat sting so far, but she hasn't used it a whole lot yet. I hit 60 or 70 pop flies & grounders to her a couple of weeks ago using the CF8, and didn't notice anything other than it does have more pop than I expected.

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
DD has the LXT Hyper 34/25 - just got it this month - batting .600-700 with it. Sending back to the factory because the handle/knob is broken...she says it twists weird and when she swings, she can feel/hear something slide to the end of the bat. She also said since she noticed the knob being weird, it was starting to hurt her hands with sting. LOVES the bat though - this is her 4th LXT. Hope they can send replacement fast!! Don't want to mess with her stats. LOL.

Feb 10, 2016
Illinois
DD has the LXT Hyper 34/25 - just got it this month - batting .600-700 with it. Sending back to the factory because the handle/knob is broken...she says it twists weird and when she swings, she can feel/hear something slide to the end of the bat. She also said since she noticed the knob being weird, it was starting to hurt her hands with sting. LOVES the bat though - this is her 4th LXT. Hope they can send replacement fast!! Don't want to mess with her stats. LOL.

We just sent my daughters 1 month old 2016 LXT in for warranty (10yo used it maybe 5 times for tee work and front toss) because she had excess movement in the barrel/handle area as well as a rattle inside. They sent back the 17 Hyper which had no movement when we got it but after a week of use now moves, although not as much as the 16 did. Im assuming some of the movement is normal, being a 3 piece bat, but not sure if thats what you are experiencing.
\Not sure if thats what you are experiencing, but either way, hope they get the replacement to you quickly. I think our turn around was fairly reasonable at about 9 days.

Apr 26, 2015
Interesting! DD has always been an LXT girl. She loved the sound it made. Over the past year or so she has been making the transition to slapping and we picked up a Demarini CF8 Slapper bat for her to try. She loves hitting with it - but says she misses the sound of the LXT. The Slappers seems so quiet. Remains to be seen what she will decide to play with once the season starts again.

Quoting myself...
I think DD is back to her LXT. She liked the slapper a lot in the beginning, but has since grabbed her LXT everytime she has walked up to bat.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00