Thoughts on the benefits of a longer bat over heavier drop

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
For the Ghosts, the drop 10 and 11 is balanced but is heavier like you mentioned by 1-1.5oz’s. For the drop 8 and 9, they are end-loaded.

For most Louisville bats, they are typically 1oz over labeled weight. The Xeno’s are typically more than 1oz though.
My DD swings a 34/ -8 GA. It weighed in at 27.3 Oz. Just got a 34/ -9 Mantra but haven't had the opportunity to weigh it yet...but feels very similar the GA. As for end-load on the heavier drops of GDB and GA, yes they've moved the weighting down a tad. By that I mean minimally. There are no truly loaded FP composite bats out there other than the Rawlings Q-PRO end-load version. The only other truly end-loaded composite bats are all SP. By a true end-load I'm talking the same weight placemen/distribution as the Anderson RTs. Thus, no matter which weight the Ghost is, it is still considered a balanced bat even if they moved the weight down the barrel by an inch or so.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
No. Many bats don't. If you go to the equipment reviews forum, you'll find a sticky thread titled "Bat Weight Database." Anytime I get a new bat I weigh it and send the info to Eric F who edits the thread. Lots of useful information there.
Good tip.

Dec 11, 2010
One thing to keep in mind with that picture, the knob of the bat will be near the plate when hitting an outside pitch....(and Miggy is in the middle of the box below..)

wYjomY6.gif

Saw this today and thought it was relevant

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles