Thoughts on the benefits of a longer bat over heavier drop

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
One thing to keep in mind with that picture, the knob of the bat will be near the plate when hitting an outside pitch....(and Miggy is in the middle of the box below..)

wYjomY6.gif

Jun 8, 2016
Use a longer bat if you want but if you are not getting to outside pitches with a bat of length X (assuming you are older than like 8 YO and using a bat bigger than 30") you are not going to get to an outside pitch with a bat of length X+N...

Dec 11, 2010
One thing to keep in mind with that picture, the knob of the bat will be near the plate when hitting an outside pitch....(and Miggy is in the middle of the box below..)

wYjomY6.gif
I might set this photo up again- and put the balls on an angle and put the ruler at an angle like the hitting zone?

Would anyone get anything out of a visual like that?

honestly, the multi frame covers that idea well if there is context.

Jun 8, 2016
My kids eyes lit up at the mention of extra credit, lol
Yeah..I may have given you some but I just had a kid in one my of graduate courses send me an e-mail (right before I was going to leave for the day to play ball with my son) asking me how to do (more or less) a whole HW assignment which is due in about 2 hours and was given out 2 weeks ago................so no soup for you..

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
“Plate coverage” in the same sentence as a bat length makes me want to vomit in my own lap.

The rulers in this pic are 1” wide.

One bat is a 34”, one is a 33”.

There may be a difference between which bat fits a players swing but as far as “plate coverage”, there is none.

Without even BEGINNING to talk about mechanics, where the players toes are in the box are probably 700% more important. (@pattar I’ll need you to check my ciphering on that number.)

WHY are parents driving themselves crazy with this? Why are they dropping two, three bills on a bat to “get more plate coverage”?
View attachment 23925View attachment 23926
Photo'rific!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles