Interesting take on the CF9 vs the LXT Hyper

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 2, 2015
My DD got a CF8 for Christmas to get her used to hitting a Demarini that she will have to use in college. She says the Demarini stings her hands more than the Xeno or MFB. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Yep, that's spot on.
When I hit to my 3 DDs, I use a CF8 34/26, and a Xeno 2015 34/26
And when I compare the CF8 to the Xeno 34/24-25-26's we have, the CF8 has noticeably more sting. And the Xeno literally has none.
But I've gotta tell ya man, that CF8 keeps getting hotter and hotter.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Yep, that's spot on.
When I hit to my 3 DDs, I use a CF8 34/26, and a Xeno 2015 34/26
And when I compare the CF8 to the Xeno 34/24-25-26's we have, the CF8 has noticeably more sting. And the Xeno literally has none.
But I've gotta tell ya man, that CF8 keeps getting hotter and hotter.

Thanks for the info! I hope I can get DD to continue using it. Hopefully she will notice the extra pop and will forget all about the stinging in her hands...

May 12, 2014
DD hit live tonight, using a CF9, and she said she didn't notice any sting. Or maybe the sting wasn't enough to bother her.

Mar 26, 2016
32 33 drop-9 DeMarini CF9 end load Insane Fastpitch ball flys off your bat. My daughter has never hand any hand sting from any cf8 cf9 Demarini

Oct 2, 2015
The CF9 34/24, I bought for DD3, stings the hands also. I've felt it myself. The vibration is definitely there. But DD3 doesn't care, she likes the feel/balance of the bat.
With the CF bats we have, it seems that when you hit the sweet spot on the barrel perfectly, the sting is minimal or even non-existent.
But the farther the ball hits the barrel away from the sweet spot, there seems to be more sting/vibration.

Parents, try hitting balls off of a tee or in a practice pitching situation when comparing bats for vibration/sting. And hit without batting gloves.
It's easier to look for and feel the sting/vibration when you are not in a game situation.

Last edited:
May 12, 2014
I'm thinking it comes down to the sensitivity of the player in regards to hand sting. My kid hates hand sting.....so, I was surprised when she said she doesn't feel anything with the CF9.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
The CF'S have a mushy feel on any ball not hit on the sweet spot. When you hit the sweet spot with some good bat speed it feels like a trampoline! You can feel the ball spring off the bat. They are different than any other bat. With some bats you can barely feel a ball hit off the sweet spot, the CF'S are like a spring board.

Feb 10, 2016
Illinois
My daughter said she noticed a significant difference in amount of sting between her CF8 and LXT Hyper. I could tell by the sound the CF8 made, whether she hit it in the sweet spot or not and when she didn't she would immediately ring out her hands. With her LXT she has never had these issues.

I thought she was being a little dramatic and tried them myself, she was spot on. Anything outside of the sweet spot on the CF8 produced a very pronounced vibration of the hands. In the sweet spot, the bat was fantastic. The LXT had little to none of this. Both bats are great, but the sting has my daughter reaching for the LXT. One thing that may contribute to this is that the CF8 is a drop 11 and LXT a drop 10. While there may be a little difference, I don't think the CF8 drop 10 would perform that much different.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00