Thoughts on the benefits of a longer bat over heavier drop

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 19, 2018
Yeah..I may have given you some but I just had a kid in one my of graduate courses send me an e-mail (right before I was going to leave for the day to play ball with my son) asking me how to do (more or less) a whole HW assignment which is due in about 2 hours and was given out 2 weeks ago................so no soup for you..
I must have a long lost younger twin.

JOHNN

Just a dad of 3 girls
Aug 5, 2019
South Louisiana
My kids eyes lit up at the mention of extra credit, lol
At least yours understand that extra credit is worth it any time you can get it. My middle daughter never does extra credit and when I ask her why, its always, "Bc I'll get an A anyway".... Makes me want to ring her neck but she does get all A's (for now). One day she will understand that it wont always come super easy to her and she will have to eventually try. Luckily she got her smarts from my wife ;)

Jun 8, 2016
At least yours understand that extra credit is worth it any time you can get it. My middle daughter never does extra credit and when I ask her why, its always, "Bc I'll get an A anyway".... Makes me want to ring her neck but she does get all A's (for now). One day she will understand that it wont always come super easy to her and she will have to eventually try. Luckily she got her smarts from my wife ;)
If it makes you feel any better unless the extra credit involved baseball/basketball/football I wouldn’t have done it in MS/HS (until Sr year) either..😂

JOHNN

Just a dad of 3 girls
Aug 5, 2019
South Louisiana
If it makes you feel any better unless the extra credit involved baseball/basketball/football I wouldn’t have done it in MS/HS (until Sr year) either..😂
I get it. I was in the same mindset back then as well. But Im supposed to mold her and teach her the ways to eventually become a successful person. In order to do that, she doesnt need to do alot of the things I did when younger :ROFLMAO:

Jun 8, 2016
I get it. I was in the same mindset back then as well. But Im supposed to mold her and teach her the ways to eventually become a successful person. In order to do that, she doesnt need to do alot of the things I did when younger :ROFLMAO:
I like to think I was saving myself for later in life 😃

osagedr

Canadian Fastpitch Dad
Oct 20, 2016
We use a drop 10 Ghost and a drop 9 Xeno. I do think at least the 33 drop 10 you move to should be a 33 drop 9 (in most cases) because the Ghost is much heavier than the sticker reads.

The bat length has me a bit puzzled. My DD gets pitched outside a lot. But she's tall. She can probably cover the plate with a 32 inch bat. I don't know if 1 more inch really gets her much. Perhaps it makes the sweet spot of the bat a teeny bit longer?
DD is 5'8"; swings a 33 drop 9; chokes up on it and destroys pitches two balls off the plate. Ppl keep telling her to get a longer bat...why.

To the OP - sounds like 33 drop 10 is working like crazy for your DD, so if it ain't broke don't fix it!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles