Insider Bat

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

R

RayR

MTS,

I apologize for being so literal :) I sometimes like to point out that some hitters listen very closely to what coaches say. (I was one of the those hitters :) ) I wanted to know exactly what the coach meant when he gave me a cue. Like this.....Coach says, "use your hands"....14 year old me then said "I am, I'm holding the bat with my hands. What do you mean use my hands?". Maybe this is why I really try to be clear with hitters that I teach.

I had one hitter ask me how to hit the inside of the ball without taking the cover off of it :) He was serious!

LOL!

No worries Jim - I like reading your stuff - keep it coming.

Aug 3, 2011
As to all the comments about lining your knocking knuckles up or not - Coach Candrea, Crystl Bustos and her hitting instructor Howard Carrier all promote it in their DVDs and at hitting clinics - good enough for me.

Oct 25, 2009
As to all the comments about lining your knocking knuckles up or not - Coach Candrea, Crystl Bustos and her hitting instructor Howard Carrier all promote it in their DVDs and at hitting clinics - good enough for me.

Keep up with their current instruction. DVDs can't learn, coaches do; DVDs don't change, coaches do.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish