Indiana vs LSU

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
They did this last year before Svekis was on staff, fyi.

It's annoying. And I find it hard to believe it's "firing up" the pitcher mid pitch when it's being done. Clearly it's to create some type of distraction to the hitter.

Can't believe no one brought up the way they lead off.... a 3 point stance? really? It doesn't bother me, but what's next? Seems like softball is turning into "what gimmick can we think of and try next?"

I'm not all that familiar with Indiana softball. It was just a hunch on my part.

In talking with my 14you DD, she doesn't notice stuff like that at all when she's hitting.

Nov 4, 2015
I know my DD wouldn't care for it while she was pitching, but she doesn't like much movement out of the catcher. I don't know that she would notice it while hitting. More things are done in softball than baseball and I had never seen it done in baseball or the few years of softball that I have been around.

May 21, 2014
I'm not all that familiar with Indiana softball. It was just a hunch on my part.

In talking with my 14you DD, she doesn't notice stuff like that at all when she's hitting.

had I not tried watching some of their games last year (we are in Indiana) I would have thought the same thing.

Jul 2, 2013
Can't believe no one brought up the way they lead off.... a 3 point stance? really? It doesn't bother me, but what's next? Seems like softball is turning into "what gimmick can we think of and try next?"

There's a local travel team here who does something like this. The girls start with a knee on the base and then go up to basically a three point stance and leave from there.

Mar 13, 2010
I find it odd more for the pitcher. Would not be something I’d like as a pitcher who uses my catchers glove for spots!

Dec 11, 2010
If LSU could have that fan who is constantly whooping it up all game jabberjawing through 7 innings, I suppose their opponent can do whatever they want without complaint.

Anybody know who that dude is?

Announcer calls him “the Superfan”

Mar 23, 2014
SoCal
Dd loves a vocal catcher.... keeps her pumped. She’s had one that would do the glove smack and it was good non-verbal communication.

As far as the super fan....... even his mother told him to shut up during the Clearwater invitational. Lol...
I actually think they moved one of their broadcasting mikes away from his usual sitting spot because he seems quieter ....but annoying.

And......poor defense can kill a game. Not to take anything away from Indiana or Stanford by any means.

panthadad2

fastpitch pops
Jun 27, 2017
Dd loves a vocal catcher.... keeps her pumped. She’s had one that would do the glove smack and it was good non-verbal communication.

As far as the super fan....... even his mother told him to shut up during the Clearwater invitational. Lol...
I actually think they moved one of their broadcasting mikes away from his usual sitting spot because he seems quieter ....but annoying.

And......poor defense can kill a game. Not to take anything away from Indiana or Stanford by any means.

This. I was shocked by the number of errors committed (5) by LSU against Indiana. Hard to win with that.

May 21, 2014
I believe he’s Shemiah Sanchez’s (2B) brother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deangelo Sanchez. Honestly it bothered me at first.....and then realized after doing a little digging it comes from the right place. He is fiercely loyal and protective of his sister and I'm not going to be the one to be judgmental of that. Is some of it over the top for me? Absolutely. Is any of it negative toward the other team? Not at all. Hard to be too angry with that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying