DD's return to the game

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
DD has been out since Feb 13th due to a broken ankle and the surgery to fix it. April 2nd she was told May 16th was the target date for a release. This news was rough on her because it meant she would miss the entire season. Once she started PT she pushed herself and was always ahead of schedule. Last week her PT visits were gong great so we called the doctor to move up her appointment hoping for a release if she was ready. Tuesday morning at 1015 it was official. After missing our first 43 games which was the entire regular season she was released to play.

Our area tourney started Tuesday afternoon and in our first game he let her pinch hit but she walked on four pitches. In the second game against our biggest rival he started her. I was more worried about defense but she seemed to be normal in the OF. The best part was watching her hit an opposite field bomb her first official AB of the varsity season.

I think most will agree there is nothing better than getting to see our DD's work their tails off and earn something. It was a rough road but I couldn't be prouder of how it turned out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles