Immediate help for a Gamechanger rookie?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 7, 2011
First indoor tourny of the year!
Got the new tablet and loaded with Gamechanger.
Found myself struggling to get the International tie-breaker feature working.
Any hints?
I tap second base and 'nothin'........

We are in a timed tourny and we are seeing the international tie-breaker before the end of the 6th. Is that the limitation?

Feb 3, 2011
When you tap 2B, you should get the option to select a player to start on that base. If you wish to put the scheduled batter on base, tap 'pitch', then scroll to the bottom and select 'put on base'.

Dec 7, 2011
OK - Maybe this tool is not used as much as I thought it might be,........ but "users beware"!

It's too early to make any conclusions on the tool BUT if you think you are a "good enough" user going into your first tourney,....think again!

I am not that dumb of a dude but I got all wrapped around the axel with:
1. International Tie-Breakers
2. Inserting lineups on the fly
3. Substitutions

GameChanger new users = PRACTICE THESE FEATURES before going live!

Dec 7, 2011
Hey MD - thanks for the response!
Ya I tried that per the video that suggest it too but tapping 2B does nothing on my machine.
Is there a special mode or setting that needs to be made?

Oct 19, 2009
beyond the fences
My biggest problem with the app is that it
continually crashes during line-up changes.
It is loaded with the features I like, and is easy to use,
problem is, I can't use it because the crashes make
me want to reach for my red solo cup only to find
in a moment of despair that the cup is not there

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
2 years ago I tried GameChanger and Iscore. I scored a couple of college games that I had recorded just to get the hang of the programs and decide which one I liked better... I went with Iscore because it never crashed once, GameChanger crashed a couple of times.

A couple of months ago DD's team played a double header so I decided to try GameChanger on one game and Iscore on the other. GameChanger crashed in the second inning because of a lineup change, I was never able to recover from the crash. Iscore performed flawlessly for 7 innings, including 1 batter being put in the lineup twice in a row and multiple other fielding/lineup changes.

In an email exchange with GameChanger, they admit that Iscore has a better user interface and said that they are currently upgrading theirs. They offered to let me use the software with the team upgrade ($150 value) for the spring high school season but after struggling with it for just 1 game I have decided to stay with Iscore for now.

Dec 7, 2011
All good input.

Ya I had a bunch of crashes with line-up changes too.

I am going to buy iScore and check it out before HS season starts. It's inexpensice compared to the cost of my nerves when GameChanger crashes or when I have to hard-edit all the mistakes after the game on-line.

I would miss the cute "Headline maker" in GameChanger though......

LOL onthe Red Solo cup JV !!!

Feb 21, 2012
RubberBiscuit: This is the GameChanger Support Team. Thanks for your interest in our product. Unfortunately that feature has not been built into the Android version yet. You were likely watching a video demonstrating this feature in the Apple iOS version. We're working our tails off to get all of the same features into Android. If you have questions about our product, please go to Welcome - GameChanger Support and we'll get everything answered ASAP.

Feb 21, 2012
Hi Coach-n-Dad. This is the GameChanger Support Team. We appreciate your interest in GameChanger and apologize that you ran into a few crashes. Sounds like there might be some corrupted data in your app. If you write to our support team we'll get you fixed up ASAP. These crashes are incredibly rare... we have over 40,000 teams using the product and we see evidence of very few crashes. Again, we apologize for the frustration.

Also, just to clarify for others on this thread: your comment regarding our admission that another product has a better user interface is 100% false. We're working hard to improve every aspect of our product but our support team would have never admitted that another product is superior.

No matter what product you use, best of luck to you and your ballplayers this season.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32