I'm being a wuss right now

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 4, 2010
Tucson AZ
I was just thinking maybe I should just go get a massage??

How about a mani and a pedi while your at it?

Getting old sucks. We started playing dads against the girls games on some Sundays. I don't know which hurts worse, trying to get out of bed the next morning, or getting beat by them 2 games in a row.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Frozen Shoulder Causes, Symptoms, Treatments

I have had frozen shoulder, in both shoulders. I couldn't sneeze, shake hands or jump down from the bleachers w/o pain that buckled me to my knees. I went straight to an ortho surgeon, because my insurance allowed for me to bypass an MD. If it is that, he/she can tell by looking at you. Physical therapy (which was awful) fixed me up w/o surgery.

Jun 14, 2011
Field of Dreams
I had same injury, probably from throwing with DD. did see md about it, he told me what I already knew. It is very common injury in 40-50ish ages. $.02
Make sure dx is correct, but you do not need X-ray unless not getting better or want surgery. Unless you are seriously crippled by pain all the time, would pass on that idea.
Don't sleep on that side- it hurts like hell, and would wake me up at night.
Get a set of "Jbands" and do the exercises as you can tolerate. Don't throw if it hurts. i rolled balls back to DD for quite awhile. Will take months to be completely pain free cause you can't not use your arm. Mine is better than ever now, I throw a lot but am more careful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00