If a ChangeUp is the second pitch every budding young pitcher learns...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 20, 2016
Even Ueno throws a Change....

Pretty sure she is facing the best batters in the world, unlike an 18U random travel program is seeing.

While i am not advocating not having a CU (or some sort of speed differential pitch). Though a small sample size of my own, i've seen it a lot where a coach thinks they're cute and has the pitcher throw a CU after throwing past a batter for the first two strikes with the batter having almost no chance of catching up with the FB, and the CU getting crushed.

May 30, 2013
Binghamton, NY
What's the difference in trajectory?

a TRUE Riseball will exhibit a magical "float" quality that a common Fastball will not.
(the "magic" is in the perceptual disconnect your brain experiences when you track a 12-6 Rise at 55mph+ and 28-30rps....)

also, a TRUE Riseball will *decelerate* as it reaches the plate, unlike a common Fastball.

Jun 8, 2016
a TRUE Riseball will exhibit a magical "float" quality that a common Fastball will not.
(the "magic" is in the perceptual disconnect your brain experiences when you track a 12-6 Rise at 55mph+ and 28-30rps....)

also, a TRUE Riseball will *decelerate* as it reaches the plate, unlike a common Fastball.
He didn't notice..

Jun 26, 2020

Got it. We call it the magic mushroom ball. That's different from a rise. Just a terminology difference

Jun 26, 2020
I helped and did a night pen with a solid pitcher. This is her mushroom pitch. Can't believe my go pro captured it while it was in it's alterworld state
d5ytw28-1706025b-848e-4d0f-853c-c65f0a8b0f38.png

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Why? Pitching coaches sell I taught your daughter 5 pitches instead of I taught your daughter 1 pitch and she's mastered it. Second reason is the person sitting on the bucket has literally no clue what they're doing in the great majority of cases.
Hey! Watch it! You are stealing my persona!

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas

Every pitch decelerates.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13