I like this swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Shawn, help me understand your logic.

I believe that the swing happens middle out.

the entire body is coiled against the back leg placing the backside in control.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Shawn, help me understand your logic.

I believe that the swing happens middle out.

the entire body is coiled against the back leg placing the backside in control.

Yeah the swing starts middle out with the hands demanding it’s support.

Yes the entire body is coiled against the back leg placing the backside in control.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Yeah the swing starts middle out with the hands demanding it’s support.

Yes the entire body is coiled against the back leg placing the backside in control.

So the body then uncoils due to what ? The rear leg firing which shifts the weight to the front leg during the swing ? What fires the swing ?

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Well I would say the core powers the swing, however if don’t have the hands ready to swing at the launch position, then the core can’t fire first and be transferred to the barrel and then the hands getting to work later. So it is the hands that dictate the trigger to swing.

The swing can always be stopped at heel plant, the swing starts around toe touch.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
What do you think about this swing?

giphy.gif

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Well I would say the core powers the swing, however if don’t have the hands ready to swing at the launch position, then the core can’t fire first and be transferred to the barrel and then the hands getting to work later. So it is the hands that dictate the trigger to swing.

The swing can always be stopped at heel plant, the swing starts around toe touch.

So what's the purpose of coiling the whole body against the rear leg then if the core powers the swing ?

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
So what's the purpose of coiling the whole body against the rear leg then if the core powers the swing ?

Spirals.... You create and use the spirals. Coiling is loading with the spirals rather than having a linear back/forward load.

The core connects the two engines.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles