I like this swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
The hips coiling against the back leg. The entire body is coiled against the back leg placing the backside in control. The spirals forming as you load the back hip from the head to the toes.

I don’t play the what muscle game.

Rear leg driven.

McM8euM.gif

Core driven. Hands are pulled "down to" while legs are supporters.

ETnHPbW.gif

wAqMgMV.gif

0trijCT.gif

XHSjeFP.gif

Last edited:

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Backside in complete control. He is even a little early on this swing and yet he stays back.

Not within the middle out movement pattern unless you're referring to the balanced s-plane/f-plane movements... I don't see any other movement pattern that allows one to get fyb while sitting dynamically based on pitch...

ZfgRFqF.gif

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Not within the middle out movement pattern unless you're referring to the balanced s-plane/f-plane movements... I don't see any other movement pattern that allows one to get fyb while sitting dynamically based on pitch...

ZfgRFqF.gif

Need more info

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
You know what this might be the shift and “Then” swing example RDbass is trying to explain.

The core pattern shifts into a leveraged position before swinging. So Yea shift into both legs then swing. Not to be mistaken for shifting across the pelvis to the front leg then swinging.

Last edited: