I guess it is my turn, my DD. Have at it so we can improve. 12 YO

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 16, 2017
Notice. On toe touch your shoulders and hips are level to the ground. Your head stays still on launch. Very nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I feel If I can do it, I SHOULD be able to explain how to do it. Hard to explain how to do it if you can't do it. So I worked on it. Was a decent hitter with no training, not great but above average. It is when I started to teach my kids that the journey began for me. Never was a good low ball hitter but would crush them up in the zone. Found out up the zone balls got my elbows in the right position. Lot's of ah hah moments. Wish I new this stuff 20 errr 30 years ago haha!!

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2017
Pretty close

What are the differences? Same style though. You and your dd are close to Tre.

Seriously though, his stride is a bit longer. I am also in my 40's haha. His longer stride = lower back knee at finish. His longer stride allows him to get a bit lower which also allows his shoulders to not be as steep as mine. That is what I see.

Just caught at contact his back leg is square with the pitcher, my is a tad bit still to the right. He is a few degrees more square at impact. May be the difference of hitting off a tee versus a pitch. Not sure.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Tre went to NC State, we live in NC? haha. Actually NCSU is just a few minutes drive away.

But as you mentioned earlier. If your going with TMs model. I guess your doing it right. He likes the reach and shift and swing together. My advice might be worthless... you really don’t want to mix and match different philosophies ya know.

Nov 16, 2017
But as you mentioned earlier. If your going with TMs model. I guess your doing it right. He likes the reach and shift and swing together. My advice might be worthless... you really don’t want to mix and match different philosophies ya know.

Some from TM, some from Tewk, some from Epstein, some from rdbass, some from W=w, some from Shawn, some from Riello. The good book says "A wise man seeks many counselors."

If I go with one idea over the other, I want to know all the counter arguments just as well as all of the pro arguments.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Some from TM, some from Tewk, some from Epstein, some from rdbass, some from W=w, some from Shawn, some from Riello. The good book says "A wise man seeks many counselors."

If I go with one idea over the other, I want to know all the counter arguments just as well as all of the pro arguments.

What did you gather from the Torres gif?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06