I guess it is my turn, my DD. Have at it so we can improve. 12 YO

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 16, 2017
What did you gather from the Torres gif?

My front foot stays relatively parallel to the front of the plate, his heel is clearly turned toward 3rd\ss. It means he is getting some extra hip coil. Again I am in my 40's haha.

I get it totally. In the Torres gif I need more coil and in the Turner video I need more hips getting square. That extra bit a movement I am sure adds a bunch of power.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
My front foot stays relatively parallel to the front of the plate, his heel is clearly turned toward 3rd\ss. It means he is getting some extra hip coil. Again I am in my 40's haha.

I get it totally. In the Torres gif I need more coil and in the Turner video I need more hips getting square. That extra bit a movement I am sure adds a bunch of power.

Ok. That’s pretty deep and very observant. Do you know why you lack the coil Torres has? It’s not because you’re 40(You lack the reaction time because your 40. As do I. :) )But it is why your dd is off balance. And why the mass is late.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I think he loads/coils into the back hip and "positions" the the hips/body out front of the back foot. He "hangs" in the air riding the back leg.

There is some weight shift, although like I mentioned there is a positioning action of the hips/body. So the weight shift isn't that much after you take out the positioning action.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I think he loads/coils into the back hip and "positions" the the hips/body out front of the back foot. He "hangs" in the air riding the back leg.

There is some weight shift, although like I mentioned there is a positioning action of the hips/body. So the weight shift isn't that much after you take out the positioning action.

Right. Where is the weight during his forward move? Which plane? How does he maintain the back leg/hip relationship while getting so far forward? But staying ‘back’.

Jun 8, 2016
Right. Where is the weight during his forward move? Which plane? How does he maintain the back leg/hip relationship while getting so far forward? But staying ‘back’.
His weight isn't anywhere just like the length of his nose isn't anywhere either. His center of mass on the otherhand..got it Socrates? A professor retort would be fair game here btw ;)

Also which Turner are we talking about here?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478