I guess it is my turn, my DD. Have at it so we can improve. 12 YO

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
That could explain it. I use the classic definition where in a standing human the center of gravity is in the pelvic region and when this is moved the center if gravity moves. Using this definiton, if you push the hips forward first, the center of gravity moves first and so it doesn't move too late.

In your definiton, if you move the middle of the body first , how does the center of gravity move late?
And if your head isn't out front, how are you not tilted back?

In my definition, I can also move my center of gravity with enough force that I can temporarily stand against a wall merely by sticking my foot in front of my hips and keeping my head back.

There is only 1 definition of COG...

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
So there you are. Recognizing that one elite hitter tilts like I said. 12 steps. Admission...,
If I tilt my screen, then Ruth is stacked like you say but then he's hitting uphill.

Judge is not elite. He had one good year. He is the new Jay Buhner. He is on pace to strike out more than anyone in mlb history per 10 ABs.

The rest has me lmao. I won’t be on much longer today.Any other GREAT points you need to make, please do so promptly😆 Tee time calls in 2 hrs.

Jun 8, 2016
In general, on the move out, one should try and keep their head in line with their belly button. Of course there are varying degrees of this but what you don't want is this Eddie Gaedel position at toe touch:

Screenshot from 2019-11-10 10-13-32.png

Last edited:

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
7mYssvB.gif

KMVrY2K.gif

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812