I guess it is my turn, my DD. Have at it so we can improve. 12 YO

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
She is reaching some with her front leg. The reach is putting her shoulders upside down at launch. As I think Trout might be a good comparison, look at how he is moving out in comparison to your DD.
jkG7HqO.gif

Wanna explore this a bit deeper.. What is causing the ‘reach’ you see?

Jun 8, 2016
Wanna explore this a bit deeper.. What is causing the ‘reach’ you see?
Since you already have an answer as to why you think it is happening why don't we just skip ahead to what you think...:sneaky:

Some kids just initiate their stride by pushing their leg out and before you give your answer yes some of that could be to try and maintain/regain balance..I don't think her negative move puts her in too bad of a position from a balance standpoint tbh

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Since you already have an answer as to why you think it is happening why don't we just skip ahead to what you think...:sneaky:

Some kids just initiate their stride by pushing their leg out and before you give your answer yes some of that could be to try and maintain/regain balance..

I am asking your opinion.

Jun 8, 2016
I am asking your opinion.
I gave it... I can get to a nice balanced position to move and then still initiate it by reaching with the leg vs moving my belly button forward first or simultaneously with my front leg.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I gave it... I can get to a nice balanced position to move and then still initiate it by reaching with the leg vs moving my belly button forward first or simultaneously with my front leg.

There are many guys with a ‘reach’ that do well. Why is that?

Yelich bb goes after his front foot moves a bit forward. What is enabling this dynamic balance and how does he maintain it for so long?

Jun 8, 2016
Fine she can reach it is perfect..not in the mood to play your FFS games.

Hey OP: The only correct answer here is contained in post #11..disregard anything else.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Fine she can reach it is perfect..not in the mood to play your FFS games.

Hey OP: The only correct answer here is contained in post #11..disregard anything else.

I am not FFS. No games. I’m just trying to get to the root of the issue. I think your analysis was correct.

edit: if you do not wish to understand or explore the ‘reach’ issue or root of a ‘reach’ issue. I won’t comment on it any further.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali

Bold above is spot on. The ‘how’ is what needs to be brought forward.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA