I guess it is my turn, my DD. Have at it so we can improve. 12 YO

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali

Not bad imo.I like the modified stepback in the gather phase. Nolan Arenado does the same.,great for rhythm.

Posture isn’t being maintained long enough. Gertrude said ‘hold the coil’. Same difference. That should get her off her backside at the same time, every time. Which should cure the ‘uphill’ attack angle.

Probably has timing issues periodically.

Not bad James. Your dd looks athletic.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Once you get her shoulders going down hill good things are going to happen. I don't mind her step back but her foot should be perpendicular to the plate (no duck foot).

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I would guess that most would say to lose the step with the back foot?
With young players especially, the more controlled and least amount of extraneous movement is usually better.

That step happens early and isn't affecting/impacting her swing.

Aug 1, 2019
Not abnormally so. That pitch was very high, jersey letters.
IMO, you figured some things out on your own. In this one swing video many point out the back shoulder dropped and shoulder angle is something to work on. However, when she started the swing the ball was at her eyes. Of course her shoulder angle is going to be what it is in the video. She can't have her front shoulder lower than her back when the ball is at her eyes.

Might try to post another video with a drop ball or at least a ball between knees and belt and let everyone look again. Shoulders may not be an issue at all IMO.

I like what she is doing

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
IMO, you figured some things out on your own. In this one swing video many point out the back shoulder dropped and shoulder angle is something to work on. However, when she started the swing the ball was at her eyes. Of course her shoulder angle is going to be what it is in the video. She can't have her front shoulder lower than her back when the ball is at her eyes.

Might try to post another video with a drop ball or at least a ball between knees and belt and let everyone look again. Shoulders may not be an issue at all IMO.

I like what she is doing

Definitely needs a better pitch.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Pattar,

I guess it wasn't to high, looked at it again.

There is a posture issue (look at Sosa's posture at the launch position), dropping the back shoulder and swinging up

Aug 1, 2019
It was high. One pitch doesn't make a posture issue is all I am saying. See a low pitch before passing judgement. See several pitches before passing judgement and that will help the OP more.

Point being, need to see many more pitches for everyone to be able to help him out. One high pitch could be worse than nothing at all. Need more as everyone here that has posted would like to help him out I am sure.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA