How's your HS season going?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 11, 2012
it was only only 16 teams (4 game guarantee)....but all large class schools and very solid teams from Oklahoma City and Tulsa and maybe an Arkansas team or two I believe....it was ran very well, had top notch facilities and great fall weather....but lots of college folks around....which did benefit some of our players to a degree....as the players that gained some interest were sophomores, but made a few "watch lists" for a few schools...

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
it was only only 16 teams (4 game guarantee)....but all large class schools and very solid teams from Oklahoma City and Tulsa and maybe an Arkansas team or two I believe....it was ran very well, had top notch facilities and great fall weather....but lots of college folks around....which did benefit some of our players to a degree....as the players that gained some interest were sophomores, but made a few "watch lists" for a few schools...

Yes I would see where fall HS softball would have some recruiting benefits due to the fact of the "off" season for college ball.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
$495 to play one sport? Oh my goodness! DD's school district has an annual $45 sports participation fee ($90 for a family with multiple athletes.) That seems like a fair amount to me.

Her future HS's annual four-day 3rd-8th grade spring softball camp starts this evening. Two hours each day for $45 (or $30 if signing up with 8+ from a team) plus a free t-shirt. I think it's their big fundraiser for the team and a pretty good deal too for the price IMO. I'm sorry that your DD's school district is pricing kids out of playing instead of looking for other ways to raise money. That's a real shame.

Ours is $750 per player for softball, 20 woman roster. We get probably 85% of those funds from business sponsorship, but the girls gotta go get them individually.

The real cost comes in the week of "state", think I remember the booster club said it cost around $5000 for those few days there. Hotel, food, gas, expenses, etc. The school system has a "fund" for athletic programs that make it that far, think they picked up 50% of the costs, rest we take donations.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
The first game of the year is this Friday. The team has only been outside for a few practices and its supposed to rain the next 3 days. Should be interesting. The 2 local papers had their softball preseason team highlights. My dd split time between JV and V last year so it was funny that in one paper she was mentioned as a key addition to the team and in another paper she was listed as one of the key returning players. Can't wait, I have no idea where she will play but its going to be nice to see a game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dadmad