Howards girl lighting it up again.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Bouldersdad on this forum is her dad and hitting coach away from Howard. She is one heck of a hitter.
I hope she stays healthy, and keeps it going .

Casey and I wish you the best Brit.

Gerry

Duncan Claims Final HL Player of the Week Honor

Brittany Duncan earns her second Player of the Week honor. (Ray Acevedo)
Monday, May 07, 2012
For the second time this season, Valparaiso freshman Brittany Duncan (Fairborn, Ohio/Fairborn) has been named the Horizon League Player of the Week. Duncan bookends the regular season with league weekly honors, as she was previously named Player of the Week after the first week of play.
Duncan went 9-for-14 (.643) at the plate for the Crusaders last week with nine RBIs, helping guide Valpo to a 5-0 record, including a three-game Horizon League sweep at Cleveland State. The freshman also drew five walks, good for a .737 on-base percentage, and slugged 1.071 thanks to a pair of home runs. Her first round-tripper was a game-winning two-run shot in the bottom of the sixth in the opener of a doubleheader against Western Michigan, breaking a scoreless tie.
After going 2-for-2 with two walks in the nightcap victory over the Broncos, Duncan helped Valpo secure the outright regular season title in the series-opening win at Cleveland State, going 2-for-4 with three RBIs. The freshman then went 4-for-5 with four RBIs, a home run and three walks in Saturday’s doubleheader sweep of the Vikings.
Duncan’s performance against the Vikings helped her close the regular season as the Horizon League leader in league-only play in both batting average (.471) and RBIs (31). Duncan and the rest of the Crusaders will host the 2012 Horizon League Championship at the Valparaiso University Softball Field this week, beginning with a pair of games on Wednesday. Valpo’s first game will take place Thursday morning at 11 a.m.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2008
ohio
This info was passed on to me. Great stats for a freshman. WOW!!!!

Freshman National rankings.

5th in the nation in Batting Avg
4th in the nation in RBI
8th in the nation in slug %

SL

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Very impressive indeed. Gotta be a very proud papa.

Gerry,

How's Casey's year going?

Casey played travel club ball for a D1 school this year.
Casey lead the team in fall ball by almost 100 points above the next girl.

This spring she was in the top 2 or 3. Pretty good on stats but Her and I know she struggled compared to what she normally does.
Not swinging her bat very much, she wanted and made the dean's list with all A's and 1 B

Last tournament was EkU, Ohio St, Dayton, Miami of Ohio, Loyola, Xavior, Bowling Green, and one other I forget.
Her team played in the finals Sunday lost by 1 in extra innings.
A bunch of girls that love to play. They had pitching comparable to travel ball.

The team that won it was Dayton and they were solid from top to bottom.

Straightleg

Feb 14, 2010
That's great to hear. She's a very hard worker and will get everything she wants. School is hard enough but shes doing great at that I see. I wish you and her the best also.

Nov 18, 2009
This is the most impressive stat line in this thread

made the dean's list with all A's and 1 B

congrats

Oct 19, 2009
Seeing the results of Howard’s teachings through my daughter and others it does not surprise me in the least.

With her softball skills and good grades looks like this young lady has a bright future.

Congratulations to her on a great freshman year.

Jan 14, 2009
Atlanta, Georgia
This is the most impressive stat line in this thread

made the dean's list with all A's and 1 B

congrats

Agree. Very few female athletes will make a living playing softball. My DD has 11 days of school left, and I let her skip practice this past Sunday to focus on school work. I told her that maintaining an "A" average is more important than softball. I have a tremendous amount of respect for athletes that get good grades. Each year our HS recognizes players that maintain an "A" average. It's my favorite award they give out.

Oct 14, 2008
Valpos standards for the academic athlete are pretty high. The minimum to be excepted in the first place is a 25 on the
ACT I believe. A player is ineligible by the coach if grades fall below a 3.2. The dd is more terrified of getting called on the carpet for bad grades than bad performance on the field. Its a very fine line they walk at D1 and 2 in time management. Which explains the burn out at that level. Constant expectations, rigorous 20hr a week practices, games when 99% of her friends are done with college for the year and home partying already. study tables. And the regimentation they live by constantly blows my mind. I doubt very seriously if i cold conform to all the BS they have to endure just for the privilege of playing at the d1 and 2 level.

My hats off to any young lady that can handle the pressure and not pop.

Tim

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jar207