I was accused of cheating (indirectly)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoachMikeD

Teach First, Win Later!
Dec 29, 2018
Conover NC
Good job, Youth sports is about teaching lessons and developing skills. I believe that even in travel ball, too much emphasis is placed on winning and specializing. I feel everyone should play in pool games and friendlies, then in the brackets go for the win. Otherwise you put yourself in a position to expect a player who has rarely played to suddenly be great when a star gets injured. In addition, if a college coach comes to your star shortstop and says "I really like your play but I need a 2B...." is she going to say "no, I only play shortstop?" Goodbye scholarship. Keep up the good work.

Mar 4, 2015
New England
Years ago I had an opposing coach who convinced himself that we skipped the 9th batter in our lineup to avoid an out. She actually batted, but his scorekeeper missed it and got confused, and our own scorebook evidence failed to sway him. He harped on it to umpires between innings, to our base coaches, and, worse, to his own naive parents in the stands who bought every word of it.

I didn't mind that he thought we were cheating. I just hated that someone so negative and stupid was coaching children.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
I didn't mind that he thought we were cheating. I just hated that someone so negative and stupid was coaching children.
Hahaa the humor in that!
+ the reality in it!
Good stuff!

Everytime read this post title
'i was accused of cheating'
Want to reply
Well so were the Astros.... ;)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads