I was accused of cheating (indirectly)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
My guess is the other team's coach told his team that the game against you would be a walkover because you finished so low and they finished so high. Then when you gave them a run for their money he had to come up with an excuse as to why they didn't just blow you away.

Thanks for coaching the right way. Your players got a lot more out of their season than just some softball games.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Photo ID requirements coming soon. 😂

Unfortunately, there is always someone who will do anything to win even if it includes cheating at all levels. No way around it.
It is more than just cheating. In most states falsifying a birth certificate is a felony. Cannot fix stupid.

Aug 12, 2014
My guess is the other team's coach told his team that the game against you would be a walkover because you finished so low and they finished so high. Then when you gave them a run for their money he had to come up with an excuse as to why they didn't just blow you away.

Thanks for coaching the right way. Your players got a lot more out of their season than just some softball games.

Thanks. He definitely was expecting an easy win because he didn't put in his stud pitcher in the 4th. He said he was saving her for the next game (the championship) and wasn't planning to pitch her but he had to. We have a 9 out per game limit for pitchers, but they can pitch in every game. Most of our games go four innings (90 minutes, finish the inning), this one actually went five.

Apr 26, 2019
About once a week, someone accused my DDs of being too old for their age group. We had to carry birth certificates in our glove compartment.
It happens though. My daughter's last season of rec the coach of one of the all-stsr teams tried putting a girl on the team that was too old.

She was almost 12 but had been playing 10U rec all season. Sad part is he knew she was above the age limit.

Mar 28, 2020
Our rec team has been accused of the same thing.....when you truly rotate your roster you are going to lose allot of games

My daughter is super fast has a strong arm but is afraid of the fly ball. She will not try to catch a fly ball.
She will let it hit the ground and quickly picks it up and fires it infield

Because of her speed we have focused on second base and the out-field. Due to the rotating of positions she got a chance to play catcher. She was quick and fast with the equipment on. She was stretching on wild pitches like a wide out. After that game the coach walks over to me an asked has she played catcher before. I said in t-ball she stood in the catchers position but that doesn't really count. Then the coach says.... In a million years I would have never imaged I would be recommending a girl that can run bases like your daughter, track down a ball like your daughter, that can get the ball from the out field to the pitcher as fast as she can consider playing catcher.

That would have not happened if it wasn't for the coach really rotating girls and yes when we got to the playoff a team that was 0 and 8 - was undefeated in the playoffs we lost the championship in a thriller

Oh as a proud daddy she gunned down a girl stealing second.......almost hit the pitcher as no one was expecting her to throw.....it was amazing....but I am the dad

Coach you are doing right by your girls.....F (Forget) that coach....responding was not worth your time

Sep 5, 2012
It's quite possible that the opposing coach didn't recognize the players on your team. Most coaches don't unless a particular player is a threat or otherwise notable. One thing that I'm certain of though is that since this was league & you had already played them twice, the girls on his team knew that they were playing the same girls. It wouldn't surprise me if they spoke up to tell him that he was wrong unless he was one of those coaches......... :rolleyes:

Feb 26, 2020
Much respect for giving every girl on your team an opportunity to play and enjoy the game. I’ve seen many girls who enjoy playing the game but quit because a coach turned them off. The real goal of any coach should be that all his or her players return next season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478