I was accused of cheating (indirectly)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Yeah. How can you add players to rec team? I can see adding player late, but all the coaches in the league would know about it. There are deadlines, skills assesement, and draft. Right?

Oct 4, 2018
How crazy.

I coached 10U rec. You barely know all the girls on your team, and certainly don't know more than 1 or 2 on any other team. Half the girls looks exactly the same, with blonde pony tails. I couldn't even tell my daughter apart from like three girls on the team.

Aug 12, 2014
Your reply should have been "I don't recognize any of your players, but I'm not complaining that I didn't pay attention."

I didn't realize what he was getting at until the parent told me what he said to his team or I would've said something stronger.

Thanks for all the replies. A big part of our wins last week was that our girls finally figured out that it's a lot more fun when they swing their bats and hit the ball. He didn't seem to believe that we improved that much.

May 29, 2015
About once a week, someone accused my DDs of being too old for their age group. We had to carry birth certificates in our glove compartment.

Not saying "you", Sluggers ... but birth certificates mean almost nothing. In one of my final years of running rec, we had made some partnerships with other towns and programs. One was shady AF from the get-go. Barring everything else, in the final game before we booted them out, they had HS seniors playing against one of our 12u teams. They produced birth certificates for every one of their players ... well, the players' sisters anyway. I have a certificate and I have a player ... how do I prove that certificate goes to that player?

May 6, 2015
Not saying "you", Sluggers ... but birth certificates mean almost nothing. In one of my final years of running rec, we had made some partnerships with other towns and programs. One was shady AF from the get-go. Barring everything else, in the final game before we booted them out, they had HS seniors playing against one of our 12u teams. They produced birth certificates for every one of their players ... well, the players' sisters anyway. I have a certificate and I have a player ... how do I prove that certificate goes to that player?

with the players back to you, call out hey Suzy (substitute name on the BC). if they turn without any delay or prompting, it is 80% chance it is their BC. If the parent yells Suzy, coach X is talking to you, it is probably not suzy on the the field.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
with the players back to you, call out hey Suzy (substitute name on the BC). if they turn without any delay or prompting, it is 80% chance it is their BC. If the parent yells Suzy, coach X is talking to you, it is probably not suzy on the the field.
;) gotta learn to use last names when its the sisters birth certificate.
Nicknames are always good for those
'red tape' player pickups...
(no thanku on the cheesy fake roster)

💁 Like when older teams have younger players !
No one seems to check when they get beat by a younger team... hmmm?!

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2019
Minnesota, USA

Photo ID requirements coming soon. 😂

Unfortunately, there is always someone who will do anything to win even if it includes cheating at all levels. No way around it.

Dec 11, 2010
The days of using birth certificates in softball should have been over many years ago. Why the sanctions still use them idk.

A state issued I.D. should be more than enough.

May 6, 2015
Travel soccer (at least in our region, but pretty certain it is near universal now) does do photo IDs, referee checks before each game, they are issued each year by the org the child plays for (so I guess orgs could still cheat, but not individual teams)

not certain what state issued ID most girls would have, as generally license is first photo ID issued with DOB on it (school ids around here only list school name, year and students name generally)

All is pretty ridiculous for a $3 hunk of pastic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13