How young is too young to start training for softball?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 15, 2010
October 28th is no good. She needs to wait until Jan. 2nd. :) My DD birthday is October 28th and she had to play up an age group from her classmates. She missed starting Kindergarten by a couple of months and then also missed the ASA age cutoff by a couple of months.

Just asked my wife if she thought she could hold it for an extra two months. She threw the remote at my head. Mental Note: Need to work with wife on infield throwing form, don't want her teaching DD#3 that side arm style.

Oct 13, 2010
Oklahoma
Photo0059.jpg

Ha! Found it!! DD3 was about 6-7 months old here.

1st you must make sure she has a "taste" for softball. It all should be downhill from there.

Mar 13, 2010
I have a picture of me about two years old with a bat and ball that I got for Christmas. I was hanging off the back of the net at two years old begging to play with my mum's team

My first T-ball game just after I'd turned 3.

4gn3pt.jpg

Oct 13, 2010
Georgia
My DD has a oct 29 BD. It makes her have to play TB a year ahead of her classmates, but when she gets to HS next year, she will be well prepared.

Apr 26, 2011
CONGRATS!!!

I have a 11 month old. Since we do not have someone to watch her, we take her to all of the 8u games and tourneys. at 11 months old she's already running around the house with a ball and glove. It's hilarious to see!

At two i would consider a pitching and hitting coach :)

j/k of course.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Congratulations

You might want to sign her up for some of the Collage Recruiting websites. Be careful of what video you post though. :)

Apr 1, 2010
I like her hand position...but her shoulders should be more open when she is at 12:00 ;)

Bwahahahahaha! I love all these pictures. So cute! We weren't trying for a particular time of year, but DD was born Feb 1st. Good timing for softball; not so great for soccer. Happily, she has turned out to prefer SB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Char4eyes