how would you handle this?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2014
DD is the number 2 pitcher on her tb team. This weekend, two other guest pitchers accompanied us on this tourney. One of them is considering joining the team in the fall and was looking to base a decision based on the vibe she got from playing with us. The other plays for a different organization and is very happy there and has no desire to join ours. However, Saturday's pool play consisted of the guest pitchers pitching games 1 and 3 and our number 1 pitcher pitched the second game leaving my dd with no time in the circle. I don't believe this is consistent with what legitimate tb organizations do.

Just so you know, the pitcher that plays for the other team is already known by our coaches whereas the other pitcher was pitching for our coaches for the first time.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Bad coach! You dance with the one you brought. The one that was considering joining is one thing, but the one from another team who is just getting innings, that should never have happen. I only use guest players when trying out, we are short players, or if players are not producing and have a poor work ethic.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
Coaches should make their guest-player policy very clear from the outset. There should never be surprises like this, IMO.

My personal opinion is that I don't believe in using unnecessary guest players. Adding two pitchers when #1 and #2 are already available would be unnecessary. I get the one who was 'trying out,' but not the other one.

But regardless of the belief system on guest players, a coach is foolish not to have an explicit policy about this because it's such a potential landmine for any team.

May 7, 2014
Spoke to the coach after the game and he told me dd didn't pitch because we were late to warm ups even though we arrived there a good 45 minutes before start of game time. I could be mistaken but sounds like horse crap to me.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Spoke to the coach after the game and he told me dd didn't pitch because we were late to warm ups even though we arrived there a good 45 minutes before start of game time. I could be mistaken but sounds like horse crap to me.

Yeah, that is BS. You do not penalize a kid for the actions of their parents. When they start driving on their own it is a different issue. Have to think the coach knew that you worked nights. Got to cut parents slack in those situations. Different story if they are always late because they do not care.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1