how to score

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 6, 2015
Long but routine fly ball, runner is tagging at 3B, catch not made, E7)

batter gets RBI correct (since run was not result of error)? is it scored as a SF and ROE (no AB recorded), or just ROE (AB counts, but no hit)

since I Asked this (happened this weekend, not certain how it was scored, but now curious as to correct way), would it work same for sac bunt where BR reached on error? and if defense decides to not throw to 1B to hold runner on 3rd, is that a FC or defensive indifference?

Jun 11, 2013
The first 2 are Sac ROE.

The third I'm pretty sure it's a single unless they make a real attempt on the runner but ....

Dec 6, 2019
and if defense decides to not throw to 1B to hold runner on 3rd, is that a FC or defensive indifference?

If the batter would have been out if a play was made, then it's a FC. If the batter would have been safe if a throw was made, then it's a single.

Mar 4, 2015
New England
Long but routine fly ball, runner is tagging at 3B, catch not made, E7)

batter gets RBI correct (since run was not result of error)? is it scored as a SF and ROE (no AB recorded), or just ROE (AB counts, but no hit)

since I Asked this (happened this weekend, not certain how it was scored, but now curious as to correct way), would it work same for sac bunt where BR reached on error? and if defense decides to not throw to 1B to hold runner on 3rd, is that a FC or defensive indifference?

Dropped fly ball is E-7 and also SacFly with RBI (no at-bat charged)

Works the same for sac bunt. counts as ROE, SH (no at-bat charged)

If the defense decides not to throw in order to hold a runner, that's a FC (at-bat is charged, no hit, no sacrifice). That's assuming the scorer believes the batter would've been out at first. If the batter had a decent shot to be safe, then it could be ruled a single.

Nov 18, 2015
Defensive indifference is for when the defense doesn’t care what happens b/c they basically have no effect on the game. They definitely care about the runner on third, so I can’t see how it would be def. indifference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles