How to Play Softball During a Pandemic

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
2) All spectators must sit along the outfield foul line or behind the outfield fence and maintain appropriate social distancing.

And pitching daddies are encouraged to stay in their car with the windows rolled up, listening to "Sweet Child of Mine."

(As an FYI, I was the worst Pitcher Daddy in the world.)

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
And pitching daddies are encouraged to stay in their car with the windows rolled up, listening to "Sweet Child of Mine."
I've done that and my DD doesn't pitch..problem was I could still see so I had to turn the car around so that it was too uncomfortable for my old rear to turn around and watch..

May 12, 2016
Got this email today on procedures from a regional/national director on options they are considering for tournaments.

1) Coaches will be e-mailed a certification form that all of their players, coaches, and parents have self-certified that they are non-symptomatic and that form must be turned in prior to warm up on both Saturday & Sunday.

2) All spectators must sit along the outfield foul line or behind the outfield fence and maintain appropriate social distancing.

3) Only three players will be allowed in the dugout. Remaining players will be directly behind the dugout and/or outside the fence toward home plate and maintaining appropriate social distancing.

4) Teams will be responsible for cleaning the dugouts once all equipment is removed and prior to the next team coming in. Teams will also maintain the game balls and are welcome to clean them as often as they feel necessary.

5) No teams coolers will be permitted in the dugout. Each player should have their own water bottle/jug and labeled with their own name.

6) Masks are not mandated, but are welcome to be worn.

7) There will be no player huddles permitted during games and visits to the circle must maintain appropriate social distancing.

8) After games, opposing coaches should acknowledge each other with a tip of the hat. Shaking hands, first bumps, etc are temporarily suspended.
9) The Catcher must position 6 feet behind the batter and umpire 6 feet behind the catcher
10) Tags are no longer applicable... phantom tags are to be applied from 6 feet away
11) All defensive players must give base runner 6 feet perimeter when rounding or approaching a base
12) Player A must wash hands and ball before throwing to player B, after the play, both player A and player B must wash their hands for 20 seconds before the next play

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
No mention of the rest rooms?

Will it come to this? Every team brings their own? IDK, will a 5 gallon porta potty handle an entire team for the day?

View attachment 17330

My DW and I have discussed getting one of these for tournaments... Seriously!
View attachment 17331
View attachment 17332
And the most important feature....
View attachment 17333
Porta privy! Had one for camping. Worked great. Easy set up. Of course then theres disposal .....

Have a hand wash station back of truck. Used for years.
Took a store bought water mister , fill small tank, pump to produce pressure,
Took off mist tip to produce a stream of water. Bar of soap in a container.
:) use it all the time!
For family applications would work small tank, not groups.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom