How to hit a rise ball?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2016
I was going to ask too Julray. I never played past LL so I’m curious to hear it!
I've never played baseball, only Fastpitch. The highest level I reached was High School where we won the provincial title. Really we only won because the pitcher we had was phenomenal. I played in a rec fastpitch league as an adult and played lots of slo pitch when I got older. My toughest pitch was low outside drop ball. I am a lefty.. facing a rightly I found it very hard when the ball started off the plate and came across the outside corner.

May 12, 2016
Fine get me some hotzone charts for softball players ;)

Regardless, do you think it is easier or harder for a softball hitter to hit a pitch with velocity based upon the differences you gave?
I want to see a hotzone chart for softball that lists pitch type as well, much different hitting a high rise vs a high change up.. :)

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
I've never played baseball, only Fastpitch. The highest level I reached was High School where we won the provincial title. Really we only won because the pitcher we had was phenomenal. I played in a rec fastpitch league as an adult and played lots of slo pitch when I got older. My toughest pitch was low outside drop ball. I am a lefty.. facing a rightly I found it very hard when the ball started off the plate and came across the outside corner.
Nice! What state? Year if your not shy...

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
With 2 strikes. At what age would you recommend showing your hitter how to hit a quality pitch foul to extend the at bat?

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Our #1 at Long Bch State was a lefty. Mixing that drop and rise out side on righty hitters was a joy!!
As not always smart for a lefty to throw a curve into righty's barrel.
Drop inside on righty helpful too.

May 12, 2016
Our #1 at Long Bch State was a lefty. Mixing that drop and rise out side on righty hitters was a joy!!
Yeah right off the shins

Jun 8, 2016

:LOL:

Dec 11, 2010
With 2 strikes. At what age would you recommend showing your hitter how to hit a quality pitch foul to extend the at bat?
To me you are always trying to make hard contact with the middle of the ball. Hitters hit. Don’t create a different goal.

”Fouling off pitches” with two strikes never resonated with me. And while I have praised players for long at bats, hitting the first pitch for a double to the gap is more valuable than a 12 pitch at bat that results in a k or even a bb.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simonet