How to Fly with Softball Gear

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 27, 2021
Thought I would revive this one.

Doing our first flight to a tournament.

Lots of good ideas and options .

Jan 20, 2023
We are also flying to our first tournament. None of our suitcases fit DDs bat.

But I did buy a new bathing suit for the pool!

Will take any travel advice. We’re flying in a day early for a little pool time and to see what happens to movement pitches at sea level.

Aug 9, 2021
We are also flying to our first tournament. None of our suitcases fit DDs bat.

But I did buy a new bathing suit for the pool!

Will take any travel advice. We’re flying in a day early for a little pool time and to see what happens to movement pitches at sea level.
We fly to a lot of tournaments. I often send DD's bats with someone that is driving. But if not we've had good luck using a Marucci bat quiver. They are around $50 and hold 3 bats.

Apr 25, 2019
Thought I would revive this one.

Doing our first flight to a tournament.

Lots of good ideas and options .

I'm sure this has been brought up before but I didn't re-read the whole thread. Make sure things that cannot be replaced stay with you in a carry on. Gloves, uniforms, etc. Things like bats, catchers gear, masks, and so on can be replaced in a pinch if they get lost in transit. Gloves and unifroms cannot.

Aug 5, 2022
Been flying since DD was 12u now 18u. We bought a catchers bag big enough to just slide her whole back pack into. I bring a first aid kit a small folding chair a back pack cooler and our camera equipment and it all fits nicely in the bag. Easy in and out. It will also fit a collapsed travel tee and a few extra balls. We’ve gone through 2 bags in that time frame and we fly at least 4 times a year between summer and fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 1, 2019
MN
I gotta think at larger tourneys where lots of people fly in there are a lot of cheap camping chairs left behind. At least before the high inflation period hit, you could make a stop at Wal-Mart/Target/Menards/Dollar-type-store and find them for under $10. No packing, and three/four/five days' of not having to sit on bleachers? Worth it.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I bought one of these last fall for tournaments requiring flights. It collapses small enough to fit in a suitcase or carry on luggage. It also has a strap for carrying it around, and the height is adjustable. Just make sure to keep it away from sand, as the mechanism gets screwed up if it gets sand in it. Screenshot_20240104_075738_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Apr 25, 2019
I bought one of these last fall for tournaments requiring flights. It collapses small enough to fit in a suitcase or carry on luggage. It also has a strap for carrying it around, and the height is adjustable. Just make sure to keep it away from sand, as the mechanism gets screwed up if it gets sand in it. View attachment 29205

This little thing is awesome. One bit of advice though is not to use it as a bucket dad bucket. A ball hits that bottom section and will collapse and put you on your back in a hurry.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
This little thing is awesome. One bit of advice though is not to use it as a bucket dad bucket. A ball hits that bottom section and will collapse and put you on your back in a hurry.
I don't sit on a bucket when I catch my daughter, but that's good to know. I always wear gear and get in a crouch.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles