How to Fly with Softball Gear

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
Heard some good advice about having uniforms and glove in your carry-on, as they're much harder to replace if your luggage gets lost.

Any other tips for when flying to a tournament? Headed to OKC next weekend and it's our first time flying with gear.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
As for team gear. Every player split the gear. Anyone have golf club bags? Extra catching gear bags? Anyone driving or all flyIng? If someone is driving, send them with bats and gear. Wrap bats in beach towels and put them in gear bag. Catcher's can take extra.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I second the idea of a golf travel bag for the players. The best travel bag designed for softball use is the Bownet Commander. It can handle all the gear you need to bring plus plenty of clothes, especially for the non-catchers. Also, the glove and jerseys should always be in the carry-on bag.

I learned a little trick to save all my bat shipping boxes and use them inside the golf bag for extra protection. If you use the Bownet bag, a towel is a great idea.

Lastly, the golf bags tend to be big enough to fit a collapsable chair inside, so if the field doesn't have bleachers, there's no need to buy a chair on arrival.

Dec 10, 2017
Heard some good advice about having uniforms and glove in your carry-on, as they're much harder to replace if your luggage gets lost.

Any other tips for when flying to a tournament? Headed to OKC next weekend and it's our first time flying with gear.

DD is not a catcher but travels with catchers bag on planes. Smaller then golf bag so you avoid some additional fees for being oversized.

Glove and uniforms in carry ons.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

May 27, 2013
We always just used DD’s Boombah rolling bag and kept her bats in there (checked bag). Never had an issue except for the time they forgot to put the bag on the plane. Cleats can also go in carry on.

Feb 13, 2021
MI
Agree with uni and glove in carry-on, for team gear/bats, a thought is UPS or one of the new companies that ships golf clubs to your resort destination.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06