How to change landing?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

1fingeredknuckler

TOUCH EM ALL
May 27, 2010
WISCONSIN
From watching several videos it appears that for a righty you need land with your stride foot pointed toward the 3rd baseline at maybe 25 degrees or so to get the force of bringing the ball thru? I have a grand daughter who is landing foot toward the plate. Lack of speed? When she throws half ,hitch in my terms from the side she has more pop. So be that the case being she has been doing this for a year under other instructors, what other drills are there to correct this? Just watching the videos doesn't seem to do that.. What i show them from my many years ago, is that when i bring the ball up over, i start to curl slowly at the waist ,to show them to twist ,if you will in the upper body,, which naturally opens you up, and when i land my foot comes down at an angle towards the foul line, forcing me to pull the ball thru, thus creating the whip. One also taught her to lift the pivot foot after release as if pushing her right leg thru and up, this seems to have caused more harm for speed.
16 years old, From mho, she has seen to many people or not the right one?

Naturally there are a few other factors here, trying to make the point to get an answer.

thanks

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2010
Any time you want someone to change something, have them slow the motion down. So its a very slow walk through. You get much more aware of what you're doing and can concentrate on changing it.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I teach it down on one knee. The front foot is in the position that you want, angled toward the power line and the knee is on the power line, too. The hips are open.

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
From watching several videos it appears that for a righty you need land with your stride foot pointed toward the 3rd baseline at maybe 25 degrees or so to get the force of bringing the ball thru? I have a grand daughter who is landing foot toward the plate. Lack of speed? When she throws half ,hitch in my terms from the side she has more pop. So be that the case being she has been doing this for a year under other instructors, what other drills are there to correct this? Just watching the videos doesn't seem to do that.. What i show them from my many years ago, is that when i bring the ball up over, i start to curl slowly at the waist ,to show them to twist ,if you will in the upper body,, which naturally opens you up, and when i land my foot comes down at an angle towards the foul line, forcing me to pull the ball thru, thus creating the whip. One also taught her to lift the pivot foot after release as if pushing her right leg thru and up, this seems to have caused more harm for speed.
16 years old, From mho, she has seen to many people or not the right one?

Naturally there are a few other factors here, trying to make the point to get an answer.

thanks

Try here for the information you want.

sneakysoftballpitching.com

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spinner55