How Many Bats in the Bag?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
My DD has her main bat (LXT) and then an aluminum with the same stats, to hit when it's really cold out.

Anyone keep a third bat, to use when you face a really fast or really slow pitcher? I feel like my DD should be able to adjust her timing rather than change bats, but what do I know? We have a few girls on the team that switch bats based on the speed of the pitcher.

What do y'all think?

May 24, 2013
So Cal
My kid has too many...
- 2020 Ghost (current weapon of choice)
- 2018 Ghost (still gets the call, on occasion)
- CF8 Balanced (never really sees the light of day)
- CF8 Insane (recent score for $65, she doesn't like it)

May 29, 2015
Math For Umpires: An average roster has 12 players. At the pregame inspection, 30 bats are lined up at the fence for inspection. The umpire notices another 6 bats still in players‘ bags in the dugout. The average bat costs $350 (unless they were bought from Core). If the umpires find 4 illegal or damaged bats, what percentage of bats are left for players to carry their slides/Crocs on?

Answer: Why? Why do you carry so many bats that you never plan to use, but we now have to check?

I mean ... uh two ... the answer is two. And a half. Plus the batting cage bat. Oh, and that other one for her shoes. No, that other one. That one is her brother’s baseball bat that she was just carrying for him.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Math For Umpires: An average roster has 12 players. At the pregame inspection, 30 bats are lined up at the fence for inspection. The umpire notices another 6 bats still in players‘ bags in the dugout. The average bat costs $350 (unless they were bought from Core). If the umpires find 4 illegal or damaged bats, what percentage of bats are left for players to carry their slides/Crocs on?

Answer: Why? Why do you carry so many bats that you never plan to use, but we now have to check?

I mean ... uh two ... the answer is two. And a half. Plus the batting cage bat. Oh, and that other one for her shoes. No, that other one. That one is her brother’s baseball bat that she was just carrying for him.

My DD has never had more than 2 checked for any game or tournament.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
My DD has 4 bats. 2016 xeno 30/19 just in case of real fast pitching. Hasn't used it in over a year. Xeno 31/20 gets all the work. Lisa Fernandez Combat 31/21 ($29) for cage work with dimple balls and SKLZ power stick 30/30. She has a catchers bag so we have room to grow. LOL

Jun 8, 2016
2 but the only use the backup bat gets is from me hitting fungos with it.

I know who I want to see answer this thread :LOL:

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2015
Just one. She had 2 for awhile, but quit carrying the spare recently. The way a lot of people are about their gloves, she's like that about her bat.

Nov 4, 2015
Must have at least 2. Cleats ride on the bats on the way to and from the park. Crocs ride on them otherwise!! DD always wants 2 because of this. If it is u-trip, we take the blue ghost out and put in a smaller LXT, just to put shoes on.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom