How Far Should Balls Hit Off of a Tee Go?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
From various points of contact how far on average would be considered a hard hit?

My main interest is hitting from a POC deep in the hitting zone. Approximately centerline of body. But also working outside and inside POC.

Mainly interested in HS age players.

Original Question

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Looks like I'll just have to set this up myself in order to find out the distances. Maybe I can determine optimum point of contact and then try to compare that with actual game POC.

Thanks, anyway.

1245587468_spinning-baseball-bat.gif

I always get a laugh from threads, 14 pages and 130 posts later most have even forgot what the original question was. It always spins off in 100 directions. :)

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
SnFDrill.gif

Just to be clear I posted this example. If doing this drill, make sure hips are leading the hands/arms. You want the feel of stretch -hands/arms staying back as the hips fire first.

The post borrowing stopped all of sudden....
:confused:

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
And he is welcome. We all turned a 2 post worthy thread into 130 and going.

I always get a laugh from threads, 14 pages and 130 posts later most have even forgot what the original question was. It always spins off in 100 directions.

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2009
I understand. I do it myself. No problem.

If I do get around to testing I'll try to post the results.

I don't know the answer to your question yet, as it is too cold where i live to go find out right now.When we get a warm day in the next week or so I'll let you know what my DD can do.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
I especially find value in this drill performed at a 45-degree angle. It is here where one can learn the benefits of an emphasis of coiling "around" ... and the benefits of "over", or the capture of barrel transition from the lateral scrunching action. It is a great way to learn that one does not "coil the rear hip" to simply "uncoil the rear hip". There is also the benefit of SnF. I've launched some of my biggest hits from the 45-degree SnF drill. I'll often have a hitter capture an important aspect of the swing from the 45-degree angle and then attempt to bring it back into their regular swing .... I'll have them go back and forth between their regular swing and a 45-degree SnF swing.

Again ... I perform these drills against game-speed pitching.

Regarding the bold above ... the concept is also commonly taught in golf as well. Notice how the instructor below speaks of using the rear leg rotationally ... as in not sliding into the rear leg, but instead rotating around/into the rear leg.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CentralCoastBulldogs