How Far Should Balls Hit Off of a Tee Go?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 25, 2009
From various points of contact how far on average would be considered a hard hit?

My main interest is hitting from a POC deep in the hitting zone. Approximately centerline of body. But also working outside and inside POC.

Mainly interested in HS age players.

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2009
From various points of contact how far on average would be considered a hard hit?

My main interest is hitting from a POC deep in the hitting zone. Approximately centerline of body. But also working outside and inside POC.

Mainly interested in HS age players.
Any distance over the fence is good.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
How far on average for HS girls?

Assuming you mean Varsity ... but even then, there is often a wide spread between players.

Had a girl last year that had no problem clearing the fence from a tee placed on home plate ... and then there were a few that struggled to hit routine line-drives to the outfield.

There is a big spread on some HS teams ... for some teams it can resemble an older age level of LL, but with some quality players mixed in.

Oct 10, 2011
We have two 9th graders in TB that can hit pretty consistantly over with the tee and the 1 tenth grader comes really close. One almost always hits over right field (she's a lefty) and the other mostly over center and occassionally left- never over right field. I'm not sure about the older girls in High School.

Oct 25, 2009
When working with HS girls I only have a couple that can put it over a 200-210 foot fence. Even then they can't do it unless the tee is set too far out front, which I am very opposed to that tee placement. I believe it causes "reaching" when facing live pitching.

Just trying to get something to compare players with when placing the tee deep in the zone.

Jun 20, 2008
My youngest hit 16 homeruns last year and I don't think she could hit one over off a tee if her life depended on it...

Oct 10, 2011
When working with HS girls I only have a couple that can put it over a 200-210 foot fence. Even then they can't do it unless the tee is set too far out front, which I am very opposed to that tee placement. I believe it causes "reaching" when facing live pitching.

Just trying to get something to compare players with when placing the tee deep in the zone.
The one girl is a big farm girl that uses a 25oz Rockettech but her dad said it weighs more like 27oz. I don't know much about that bat though. She is very inconsistent against live pitching. We almost always work with the tee deep.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
2v1rsow.gif

210+off...t...15yrs old....2010 Girl posted on here before.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13