How do I get the red clay out of the white piping?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 10, 2012
USA
DD has navy Mizuno pants with white piping on the sides. I use iron out to get the red clay out of her white ball pants, but I don't know what to do with these navy/white pants? I have the spray bottle of iron out. Do I try it? I have Fels-Naptha soap, too. Should I use it instead. Help!

Thank you.

Aug 14, 2011
My years of experience: one solution doesn't fit all. However, I have found the best choices are soak in Iron Out, or scrub with FelsNaptha and let it soak a while, or spray with Simple Green then soak in detergent. Or any combo of those. Iron Out can bleach out some, but not many, fabrics, so test first.

Oct 4, 2011
Colorado
Simple Green works for us - we have hard water here, maybe it's the combination of factors, but Simple Green is a miracle.

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
Fels-Naptha soap will work. I use it on other clothes if I can't use bleach. :) Hope that helps. Oh and I have not tried Iron Out on colored fabrics (have been hesitant to do so)...if anyone else has exp with Iron Out on non-whites, let us know!

Aug 14, 2011
I have used Iron Out on colored clothes-- a white Nike jersey with screen print- it did fine except it bleached the black little Nike emblem to a funny orange. But then I have done grey pants and navy pants, TeamWorks and Varsity brands, that had white stripes down the side. Used it on them, and everything was fine. So test a small area first.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877