Home Run Derby - Ghost vs LXT

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 25, 2012
USA
quick question for all those who posted so far and have a 34 inch bat. How tall are your players? How much do they weigh not that I want to point that out at all. But swinging a 34 inch bat typically lends to a very very tall girl or a very very heavy girls who can get it around.

Again, not trying to point out weight on this thread but seems like there are several girls mentioned on this thread that are either really really tall or very heavy or both.

Point I am trying to make is that there potentially could be too much bat for some of the comments I am seeing or the girls/bats mentioned here belong to some very tall or heavy or both girls. Which is completely fine but a 34 inch does NOT belong in the hands of the majority IMO. It is a rare case but sounds like it is the rule on this thread. Just food for thought and trying to help I promise.

Aug 27, 2019
Lakewood CA.
quick question for all those who posted so far and have a 34 inch bat. How tall are your players? How much do they weigh not that I want to point that out at all. But swinging a 34 inch bat typically lends to a very very tall girl or a very very heavy girls who can get it around.

Again, not trying to point out weight on this thread but seems like there are several girls mentioned on this thread that are either really really tall or very heavy or both.

Point I am trying to make is that there potentially could be too much bat for some of the comments I am seeing or the girls/bats mentioned here belong to some very tall or heavy or both girls. Which is completely fine but a 34 inch does NOT belong in the hands of the majority IMO. It is a rare case but sounds like it is the rule on this thread. Just food for thought and trying to help I promise.

My DD is almost 18, 5’4 140 and she is strong from weight training. She does much better with a 34” bat than with a 33”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 25, 2012
USA
that's great @JumboJack! Good for her! Obvioulsy there are outliers and always will be but based on the bat Gods and companies and your comments (height ahd weight) she would fall into a 32".

Again, your DD is obvioulsy an outlier in this thread so keep up the good work. For the others who read this, the bat companies want your DD to succeed so you buy more bats. So......their recommendations should be at least looked at.

Aug 27, 2019
Lakewood CA.
that's great @JumboJack! Good for her! Obvioulsy there are outliers and always will be but based on the bat Gods and companies and your comments (height ahd weight) she would fall into a 32".

Again, your DD is obvioulsy an outlier in this thread so keep up the good work. For the others who read this, the bat companies want your DD to succeed so you buy more bats. So......their recommendations should be at least looked at.

32”. Lol.
This is with her 34” -10 ghost. Two of them would have been well out if the fence was there.

When she went from 33” to 34” everything improved. More HR’s. More extra base hits. More hits in general.
She is going to experiment with the -8 just to see if it will produce more power.
She understands that a heavier hammer will drive the nail faster and quicker IF you can swing it effectively.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2016
32”. Lol.
This is with her 34” -10 ghost. Two of them would have been well out if the fence was there.

When she went from 33” to 34” everything improved. More HR’s. More extra base hits. More hits in general.
She is going to experiment with the -8 just to see if it will produce more power.
She understands that a heavier hammer will drive the nail faster and quicker IF you can swing it effectively.

I can't believe y'all play games without fences. This has got to be in California.

Jun 19, 2016
My DD is almost 18, 5’4 140 and she is strong from weight training. She does much better with a 34” bat than with a 33”.

Mine is 11 and is that size, but she is still on a 31/21....but there is a big difference between an 11 year old and a 18 year old. No weight training yet.

Aug 27, 2019
Lakewood CA.
I can't believe y'all play games without fences. This has got to be in California.

Yes SoCal. It drives my daughter nuts. Since we started playing again a couple months ago she has missed out on a bunch of HR’s.
The speedy girls like it though. A line drive in the gap on short grass and they can run for days.

Jun 19, 2016
Yes SoCal. It drives my daughter nuts. Since we started playing again a couple months ago she had missed out on a bunch of HR’s.
The speedy girls like it though. A line drive in the gap on short grass and they can run for days.

As much taxes as y'all pay you should get a park with a fence.

Nov 25, 2012
USA
32”. Lol.

Thats awesome @JumboJack!!! Good for her!! I am not trying to tell you anything different and pretty sure I mentioned there are outliers.

What do you think you gain by the longer bat? Just curious to know?

Again, just trying to help and there is always somebody that is an exception to the rule. You clearly are and for that I applaud you! Is your DD heading off to D1 next year? D2? D3? Regardless, take that bat with you!!!

Last thing I will add to this........Lauren Chamberlain swung a 33" bat. She is 5'9" .

Again, if it works, stick with it! For others, I recommed a bat that fits the player to start. A homer with a bat that is clearly too big will likely go even further with a bat that fits the girl.

S3

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2013
Chicagoland
DD started swinging a 34-10 LXT around 2016 @ 14U (5'3" 118lbs). Switched her to left side and slapping instructor said ditch the 32" and start lifting on day one.

Kept with the LXT until 2019/2020 season where she started using Rawlings Quatro Pro balanced 34-10 (5'4" 130lbs) more. Got her this bat because that is what she is using this year at college. Seems to like it and it grew on her because I think she got stronger and adjusted to it.

Sure she would be still using the LXT if she could, but I'm glad I got the Quatro so she could get used to it. So much shirt going on 1st year at college, good to not have to worry about getting used to a new bat.

Not sure if College coach will keep her at 34" based on comment made during last visit. Waiting to see what happens with this.

Does have to break in a new Rawlings glove :cry:. Team will get then just before end-of-year break... Will let coaches see who is practicing based on break-in status of their glove when they get back.... LOL

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA