Home Run Derby - Ghost vs LXT

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 19, 2016
Took my 12U DD out to a local park to compare her new 2020 LXT (31/21) vs her USSSA Ghost (31/20). The bats are pretty close in weight. Backed up a pretty good distance from a 16' fence and compared how many she hit over with each. It was pretty much a draw. Both of these bats are pretty hot. I wish I had a Ghost 31/21 to compare the LXT too. Her teammate had one but it cracked in the last tournament. I might have to buy one from Core and update this comparison. She does have a USA 31/20 Ghost. We might give it a try. She just didn't have it with her.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I can honestly say my DD's homerun numbers went down when she went to the Ghost, in games and practice. She was ALWAYS an LTX girl from 14U up, when she finally wanted to try a Ghost she loved the feel and feedback and switched over. I feel she always hit the ball harder with an LXT, but what do I know?

She still hit quite a few homers with the Ghost, but just not on a regular basis like with the LXT.

Dec 11, 2010
This is an interesting discussion!

DD is a college freshman at a Louisville school. She went from a 33/25 GA to a 33/24 LXT. She has never hit a LOT of hr’s but she hits a lot of balls that either hit the fence or one hop the fence. Awesome in tb but she is frustrated that so many lasers get caught by college outfielders. (They are after all much, much better.)

She had to come home to quarantine because her roommate was C+ in September. I front tossed to her on a field we know well and I felt like she hit well with the LXT but she still feels like she is hitting too many balls off the end cap and not hitting on the sweet spot as much.

I did feel like the ball came off the bat very well.

I personally would like to see her swing a 33/25 or 33/24 Xeno but dad doesn’t get to pick the bats anymore.

Jun 8, 2016
Do you (as in everybody reading this) think there is a big difference between high end bats when the ball is barreled up (like it most often is in BP) or is the biggest difference going to be in how forgiving a bat is when it isn't barreled up?

Oct 9, 2020
And here I am with a 5'0, 100 lb 9 year old and can't wait to see the difference when she goes from a 30/17 Bustos to a 31/21 2020 CF... The only reason she was hitting the smaller Bustos was that she broke her arm in August. The ball seemed to come off it well, but excited to see the difference after Santa comes by...

May 14, 2015
Bismarck ND
DD (5'10 225lbs) goes between these two (?) as well, pulling out the 17 LXT Hypers as the all time Fav! She still likes the ghost advanced, never really liked the feel of the dual stamp or the 18. She says they dont feel the same. Have a couple of the 20 Lxts in different drops as well. She hits way more HR's with the Lxt but has had some absolute tape measure shots with GA. She tries them all but thats Dads problem.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13