Home made Hitting tee

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
San Jose, CA
Mark,
I have been using the Muhl tee for > 4 years as a warm up and isolation drill tee. I have had no problem achieving an upward bat trajectory through the contact point. I watched Caitlin Benyi’s swing from your link, and I would answer your question as “yes”.

Tmolina,
Before you spend too much on pipe insulation or other materials to modify your tee, let me give you some feed back on the one I have. I bought this tee sometime in 2004, I use it for 20 – 25 lessons a week, 48 swings per lesson. This tee is still working fine, no one can break it. I have seen at least one other manufacture that makes a similar unit also about $100.00. I have bought quite a few tees and other devices to help teach hitting. This was the best investment in equipment I have made.

May 7, 2008
San Jose, CA
Mark,
I do not feel comfortable posting my student’s video (I just don’t feel this is something a instructor should do without permission from the student and parents. Even then I don’t like the idea). I hope you can respect my thought on that. What I did do to answer the question is look at the video of Caitlin Benyi that you posted and three of my students from approximately the same angle and the bat’s upward trajectory were very similar (Two almost identical, one a bit greater). This was the basis for my answer of “yes”. Since I have used this tee with all three students for > 2 years I felt that indeed you can achieve this with the use of this or a similar tee.

Mar 11, 2009
ttt

Mark,
I have been using the Muhl tee for > 4 years as a warm up and isolation drill tee. I have had no problem achieving an upward bat trajectory through the contact point. I watched Caitlin Benyi’s swing from your link, and I would answer your question as “yes”.

Tmolina,
Before you spend too much on pipe insulation or other materials to modify your tee, let me give you some feed back on the one I have. I bought this tee sometime in 2004, I use it for 20 – 25 lessons a week, 48 swings per lesson. This tee is still working fine, no one can break it. I have seen at least one other manufacture that makes a similar unit also about $100.00. I have bought quite a few tees and other devices to help teach hitting. This was the best investment in equipment I have made.

Thanks for the feedback Strikker, but if I buy the insulation I am still into it for less than $10. If it works the right way but durability is bad, then maybe I will buy a real one, but I will give this one a shot first....
TM

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13