Holiday humor

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 29, 2009
I saw something similar on FB regarding travel hockey and I forwarded it to some friends who's son plays. I know we all complain about the cost of travel softball, but softball is a drop in the bucket compared to travel hockey, especially when you live in the South!

A guy I know has to have his wife work just to pay the travel hockey cost for their son. That is insane.

Mar 11, 2009
I wished my wife got paid for all the work she does getting DD to all her travel softball events, packing, food, laundry, driving to and from, emotional support, tutoring just to list a few!!

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
A guy I know has to have his wife work just to pay the travel hockey cost for their son. That is insane.

I have never directly asked how much my friends spend on their son's hockey, but based on conversations I would bet it is $20K+.

Nov 23, 2014
Having been a travel hockey parent for 14 years, I can say without a doubt, it cost way more than travel softball, but I wouldn't trade those years for anything. All the friends we made, places traveled, and most of all what it provided for my son.

Feb 15, 2013
Delaware
I think competitive cheer beats all. Rumors have it that a local org is like $4K tuition, then the facility rent is split monthly based on the number of girls. Makeup, glitter and outfits are all extra. All the travel for less than 3 minutes of an event. I'll happily pay for travel softball over that any day of the week.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I think competitive cheer beats all. Rumors have it that a local org is like $4K tuition, then the facility rent is split monthly based on the number of girls. Makeup, glitter and outfits are all extra. All the travel for less than 3 minutes of an event. I'll happily pay for travel softball over that any day of the week.

Competitive dance and figure skating are right up there, too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32