Holiday humor

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 7, 2013
So true! This year I'm trying to sell my DDs that their new Xeno bats, letter jackets, pitching and hitting lessons, and trip to Florida are their Christmas presents. Might not be too hard of a sell.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
There will be a new Porsche Cayman in the garage when I'm done paying for travel ball and I let DD know that from time to time.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I saw something similar on FB regarding travel hockey and I forwarded it to some friends who's son plays. I know we all complain about the cost of travel softball, but softball is a drop in the bucket compared to travel hockey, especially when you live in the South!

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
Yeah, every time DD moans and groans about the car that she drives, I remind her that we could get new cars if she gives up softball. See how well that flew? Sigh...I am tired of driving my 13 yr old suburban. Oh well...some day.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
How about $800 a month, plus travel expenses for Club Volleyball. INSANE!!!!

Club Volleyball has always been expensive since most teams use paid coaches. Not only are you paying the coaches, you pay their travel expenses. Heated indoor gym space is also more expensive than outdoor field space.

Mar 20, 2015
NW Az
This particular organization has 10 teams carrying 12-14 players per team. Do the math on that! And yes they have a warehouse converted into their own facility with courts, weight room, etc! And they play year round.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma