HLP vs the High level movement pattern

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2015
SoCal
Nobody is saying the hands alone cause the angular acceleration (I don’t think). The only question is do they aid in this initially or are they torqued later in the process. My point was that you can direct AND torque initially..they are not mutually exclusive. In reality the body pull will add to that bottom hand force so it will always be much larger than the top hand pull (if there is one)
Totally agree.. My physics gut tells me that if I were trying to suddenly accelerate a bat with a center of mass way away from the hands, the best way to get angular acceleration would be to accelerate the bottom of the bat, not initially impart a measly moment with a low value torque at the hands.

Also totally believe that it isn't an all or nothing proposition.. Likely that both force creations are additive..

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
giphy.gif

TDS,

Obviously you don’t understand the launch position. This was made years ago.

Always working forward. Why do you believe a hitter isn’t moving forward in HLP?

"Swing is the shift" "Shift then swing"

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Are you saying this in response to Shawn's question or are you saying that his gif shows one hitter is shift then swing and the other swing is the shift?

Pointing out the difference in patterns. Patterns that have been around before our time.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors