HLP vs the High level movement pattern

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
So when you get too much pressure on the front foot what happens that negatively effects the swing? Lose your coil? Why?

You can create stretch if you are FYB with your foot down but it is going to be “linear” across the body vs “torsional” via coil.

Well, You could lose coil, completely cut out the body. I’m sure your aware of the missing frames. I doubt we could find the missing frames while on the front leg/foot like kids do sometimes.

Jun 8, 2016
I doubt we could find the missing frames while on the front leg/foot like kids do sometimes.
But is that because they are not FYB? Why do you need coil for the missing frames? They are caused (basically) by a hard pull by the bottom hand, right? Is coil the only way to do that?

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
There is no coil in the legs or shoulders. It’s in the center of the body. It’s 4 corners. An X. It’s held w the extremities and is released w the core contraction.

1652993940343.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: TDS
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
There is no coil in the legs or shoulders. It’s in the center of the body. It’s 4 corners. An X. It’s held w the extremities and is released w the core contraction.

There Pattar, make sense out of that. 🤔

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Does Bonds just know how to keep his coil in his back hip/leg better than the other guy? He's certainly not just trying to grab the ground with two legs, that's too easy. Plus, Schenk's pitch is above the belt, Bonds below even after his COM lowers. Does that have anything to do with Bonds' lower COM?

They both get the foot down, but they both explode, stacked over that rear hip.

I believe in the rear leg, I just really need to understand that front foot because I do notice a difference when my dd can get it down, while staying stacked back...which is almost never lol.

Bonds, knows how to move fyb without the weight shifting across the pelvis to the lead leg. The Rear leg/hip is very important but becomes a moot point if one moves correctly.

Oct 2, 2017
Bonds, knows how to move fyb without the weight shifting across the pelvis to the lead leg. The Rear leg/hip is very important but becomes a moot point if one moves correctly.
Where is the weight when one is forward yet back if one is not shifting there weight across the pelvis to the lead leg? Does the weight ever get shifted across the pelvis at any time in the swing?

At launch since the rear leg/hip isn't compromised during the move out, what is its purpose at launch? Is there a drive into the front side?

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Does Bonds just know how to keep his coil in his back hip/leg better than the other guy? He's certainly not just trying to grab the ground with two legs, that's too easy. Plus, Schenk's pitch is above the belt, Bonds below even after his COM lowers. Does that have anything to do with Bonds' lower COM?

They both get the foot down, but they both explode, stacked over that rear hip.

I believe in the rear leg, I just really need to understand that front foot because I do notice a difference when my dd can get it down, while staying stacked back...which is almost never lol.

My DD found that landing slightly open and just letting her front foot do what it wants to do (turn, roll over, pivot on heel...) was helpful in allowing her backside to get through easier. Landing closed, and adding any tension to keep the foot on the ground restricted her ability to use her back side efficiently.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma