HLP vs the High level movement pattern

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
So he is adjusting his the entire swing, he adjusts the “swing is the shift” in your terms.

He shifts (moves out) for the fb and sits the off-speed..

IY36z3t.gif

Swing is the shift would look similar to this where you ride the rear leg (stride gets longer) and the snap completes the swing is the shift into or against the lead leg.

0Me68ct.gif

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
Lol, right I did ask.

So your saying there's a chance!

So if the bottom hand is pulling hard than the torque (bottom hand has a more linear direction) being applied with the top hand torquing the opposite direction then we could have the result we see from previous posts. 😂
Torque is applied by the hands both pulling (applying force in opposite directions). If the bottom hand pull is stronger than the top hand pull you will get motion in the direction of the bottom hand pull (force).

Oct 2, 2017
Torque is applied by the hands both pulling (applying force in opposite directions). If the bottom hand pull is stronger than the top hand pull you will get motion in the direction of the bottom hand pull (force).
Got it.

Whewww, This hitting stuff is some difficult crap. What if you had to learn all this to be able to play and hit the ball. 🤣 everyone would be screwed

Jun 8, 2016
Obviously the forces when you swing are 3D..(x,y,z components) but you get the drift hopefully. Still doesn't answer the question of whether torque is applied initially in a HL swing though but in theory you can be both "down to" and torque at the same time....:oops:

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
Got it.

Whewww, This hitting stuff is some difficult crap. What if you had to learn all this to be able to play and hit the ball. 🤣 everyone would be screwed
Like I tell my DW sometimes, don't ask question if you don't want to hear the answer...;)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: TDS
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
giphy.gif

TDS,

Obviously you don’t understand the launch position. This was made years ago.

Always working forward. Why do you believe a hitter isn’t moving forward in HLP?

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Got it.

Looks like something that came off of the mothership. It came out of Area 51, I heard. Someday they might return with the blueprint to hitting. lol 🤔

They’re having a good laugh right now.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hgielaz01