HLP vs the High level movement pattern

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
That was actually wrong hold on...lol.
This is better 😂 (I ignored gravity and assumed the bat was unconstrained at the handle). Point is if the top and bottom hand pulls are not the same it will result in translational motion....You could modify the below to have the top and bottom hand have equal direction forces (no torque applied to the handle) to see what happens to the angular acceleration (it would be smaller but not zero).

This was good review..I am teaching Dynamics for the first time next spring..lol

8AF75FA1-2B1C-42FF-B80E-2C98B18D670C.jpeg

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
This is better 😂 (I ignored gravity and assumed the bat was unconstrained at the handle). Point is if the top and bottom hand pulls are not the same it will result in translational motion....You could modify the below to have the top and bottom hand have equal direction forces (no torque applied to the handle) to see what happens to the angular acceleration (it would be smaller but not zero).

This was good review..I am teaching Dynamics for the first time next spring..lol

View attachment 25629

That’s the answer!!! We finally have a answer. lol
🤪

Oct 2, 2017

View attachment 25629
Glad we could help you review

Jun 8, 2016
Glad we could help you review
You asked for an example of where translation could result when torque was applied to the handle and the physical answer to that is if you pull harder with the bottom hand than the top...

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
CoachJD, Its how Bonds moves (movement pattern) that allows for him to move out FB and sit the off-speed.

3wLHMQV.gif

zB3k6ZC.gif

So he is adjusting his the entire swing, he adjusts the “swing is the shift” in your terms.

Oct 2, 2017
You asked for an example of where translation could result when torque was applied to the handle and the physical answer to that is if you pull harder with the bottom hand than the top...
Lol, right I did ask.

So your saying there's a chance!

So if the bottom hand is pulling hard than the torque (bottom hand has a more linear direction) being applied with the top hand torquing the opposite direction then we could have the result we see from previous posts. 😂

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414