Hitting

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 2, 2020
So when I was watching my daughter i noticed that when she is hitting her front front moves to wide. She is a left handed batter and when her goes the stance position to the position of when your about to swing I noticed that her goes to left instead of straight. So when she makes contact at times the ball would go to right field. She doesn’t do it with her hitting coach or when hitting off the tee but does it in game. I would like some opinions on how to have her stop doing that. I tried looking some drills or tools I can use in her to have stop going to the left and go straight. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 24, 2013
So Cal
So when I was watching my daughter i noticed that when she is hitting her front front moves to wide. She is a left handed batter and when her goes the stance position to the position of when your about to swing I noticed that her goes to left instead of straight. So when she makes contact at times the ball would go to right field. She doesn’t do it with her hitting coach or when hitting off the tee but does it in game. I would like some opinions on how to have her stop doing that. I tried looking some drills or tools I can use in her to have stop going to the left and go straight. Any ideas?

What goes left? Got any video you can share? It makes diagnosing swing issues much easier.

Jul 2, 2020
IMG_3091.jpg
@Eric F ; if you look at her front foot you can see if moves it to the side. I don’t have video as it let me post but just taking a pic you can see the foot is not where it supposed to be. Look like she is pulling it out to the left sometimes all the way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 24, 2013
So Cal
There's a lot of causes of stepping out. Very often with young hitters it's because they are concerned with getting HBP, and are giving themselves more space away from the wildness of young pitchers. That concern isn't there with a tee or coach toss, so you don't get the same reaction. Generally, it's just one of those things that need to be worked on until a new movement pattern becomes dominant. Work with the instruction of "step directly towards the pitcher".

Keep in mind that getting game swings to look just like tee swings or practice swings can be a slow process. Have them focus on feel. At practice, have them pause and remember what a good swing felt like in their body. In the game, ask them to make it feel the same way.

Also...this is not a left-handed batter.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13